Glastonbury 2019

they brought the place down with that secret set in 2017 tbf

I’ve got nowt against the killers, they’re a big stadium / festival band with huge sing a longs. I just thought they’re ‘headlining Glastonbury’ days we’re behind them.

They’re sort of at the point in their career where they’re not the big current band nor or they yet at the nostalgia act stage I.e the Cure.
I hope everybody who sees them has a great time.

they brought the place down with that secret set in 2017 tbf
Tbf mate, A decent sized band on a smaller stage early in the day is always going to have a pretty big up for it type crowd. Also see Busted:eek: and Craig David. The Killers would of been okay in 2005 but 2019, not so sure myself. Then you've got the fact that Stormzy also played the last festival and imo isn't yet of the stature to headline a big festival and the cure who are a good but pretty uninspiring headliner. Lot's of acts near the top of the poster coming back and being bumped up is unusual and a bit boring tbh.

Plenty of stuff I'm happy to see but most I'll have seen before, many at Glasto.

They're not though. I went from loving them, to not being able to stand being at their gigs over the course of 2-3 years.

Sorry, its just one band that I cannot stand

Each to their own mate, I’ve seen them live a few times and had a great time. Admittedly a lot of it is nostalgia over their first album as I was obsessed with it when it came out but they are still entertaining as fuck live imo.

They're not though. I went from loving them, to not being able to stand being at their gigs over the course of 2-3 years.

Sorry, its just one band that I cannot stand

Yup, they're cheesy shite in reality (first album was decent) but appeal to the masses, which makes them a decent headline slot. Also allows loads of goons to scream Mr Brightside in their mates lug.

Remember when the singer persisted with a tache that an eight year old would be ashamed of. Probably thought he was having a Sgt Peppers phase :lol:

Each to their own mate, I’ve seen them live a few times and had a great time. Admittedly a lot of it is nostalgia over their first album as I was obsessed with it when it came out but they are still entertaining as fuck live imo.
Don't know what it is about them. First saw them live at Glastonbury and really enjoyed them. Then at V and it was good again.
Then the next time, Benicassim I think it was, bored to death.
Then again at V, and after 1 song I had a face on, and the missus agreed to go somewhere else.

Something clicked, and I just can't stand them.

Also allows loads of goons to scream Mr Brightside in their mates lug.
That song is certainly the main reason. Utter shite.

Busy packing and dreading the coach as first time I've not went by car.

10th time and still as excited as ever

I'm beyond excited now like (not happy with the storms they've had all night apparently though, gonna make it muddy on Wednesday i reckon). Coach is normally fine though, nothing to worry about. Although, regarding coaches this is the first time in a couple of years I'm not going down for the tuesday night, which is a shame.

Foals secret set on the park according to twitter, that's a must-see for me.

Back