Ghosts

Human brain is programmed to make shapes it knows , much of what we "see" is the brains work not the eyes , swirling fog just gets labelled as its nearest situation specific object , by the sea its a galleon
Really informative mate. I know what I saw. It was deffo a galleon. Was 16 at the time & now I'm nearly 50. Still remember it. I'm not going round the twist 😃

As there is a thread about God the possibility or not of life after death. Has anyone had any experience of ghosts or hauntings?

I’ve had various experiences of what I believe to be ghosts. The first was as a child at my grandparents house in Plains Farm. Since then I’ve seen, heard and felt what l believe to have been ghosts.
Few spirits behind our bar last night

Absolute rubbish. Where's all the dinosaur ghosts or neanderthal ghosts? So many things have croaked it over the last 100 million years we shouldn't be able to move for ghosts

Really informative mate. I know what I saw. It was deffo a galleon. Was 16 at the time & now I'm nearly 50. Still remember it. I'm not going round the twist 😃
Im sure mate , im not doubting your conviction in the experience we generally have to believe our eyes and it works 99% of the time . Its not going round the twist its just we have certain neuro process , they do their shit on their own and create reality . Funny isnt it these galleons never appear on a sunny day when the air show is on ? . I bet somewhere theres a ghost skipper listening for the shipping forecast " ooh fog off tyne and dogger lads we're up tonight " 😉😄
Its why ghosts end up culturally specific , very few people describe seeing things they have never heard of . If you had no concept of "Galleon" you would have seen something else

Last edited:
There are lots of examples of people witnessing past events, sometimes from quite recent events. Standing on those steps through the ages you’d have literally seen thousands of sailing ships . I wonder if these types of sightings are a time slip?

There are lots of examples of people witnessing past events, sometimes from quite recent events. Standing on those steps through the ages you’d have literally seen thousands of sailing ships . I wonder if these types of sightings are a time slip?
You saying I'm going mad marra? 😃

Would have thought with all technology knocking about , cameras everywhere that there would be some proof if they did exist other than the odd dodgy fake

Once upon a time, somebody decided that ghosts existed. Since then, ghosts have existed. See also aliens and Jesus.

What is a time slip?

The photo negative thing I find interesting. Also just how light works in general. If you went far enough away from earth you'd see things from the past as though they were occurring in real time.

The more you read about advanced physics the weirder and weirder and less certain our understanding of reality appears

Back