RTG Getting pop-ups, Audio, redirects, ads overlaying text, malware reports from ads please read this

Since yesterday I've been getting a lot of red pages popping up warning me of something called google fast track.

It appears to affect just this site.

Checked on first page and it seems to be on network 1 only.

Android, Chrome, EE but it seems to be happening when using wifi and not 4g.

Since yesterday I've been getting a lot of red pages popping up warning me of something called google fast track.

Same here

Loads of them today. I just normally close the page and delete all history and it's fine. Today it's one after the other. Other websites are fine.

It started happening on the is it Rodwell day today thread if that's any help.
Your system is heavily damaged by Five virus!

We detect that Samsung SM-G930F is 27.3% DAMAGED because of five harmful viruses from recent adult sites. Soon it will damage your phone's SIM Card and will corrupt your contacts, photos, data, facebook app, instagram app, what's up app, etc.

If you do not remove the virus now, it will cause severe damage to your phone.

Here's what you should do(step-by-step):

Step 1: Tap the button and install APP for free on Google Play!

Step 2: Open the app to speed up and fix your browser now!

Last edited:
Loads of them today. I just normally close the page and delete all history and it's fine. Today it's one after the other. Other websites are fine.

It started happening on the is it Rodwell day today thread if that's any help.
Your system is heavily damaged by Five virus!

We detect that Samsung SM-G930F is 27.3% DAMAGED because of five harmful viruses from recent adult sites. Soon it will damage your phone's SIM Card and will corrupt your contacts, photos, data, facebook app, instagram app, what's up app, etc.

If you do not remove the virus now, it will cause severe damage to your phone.

Here's what you should do(step-by-step):

Step 1: Tap the button and install APP for free on Google Play!

Step 2: Open the app to speed up and fix your browser now!
Check out the first page of this thread. The gaffer needs as much info as possible if he's to fix the problem.

Network 1 is giving me the issues.

The normal virus message then redirected to fake Amazon site.

Im using a Chrome on a Samsung s7.

Im using my Talk Talk broadband for connection.

As soon as I came off the test pages I was hit again with the messages. I've had them in the past, but so far today I've had more in total than since I first joined back in 2003.

Getting this too, thank you for posting your message.

Getting this too, thank you for posting your message.

No bother.

Can you check out the gaffer's first post on this thread and provide as much info as possible.

I'm not brown nosing because it's not for his benefit as he already has his own private island - it's just that these pop ups doing my napper in and it's preventing me getting a good swing on my ban hammer.

I've not had it yet this morning on my Samsung phone connected to Wi-Fi. Yesterday afternoon / early evening was really bad though
Really bad this morning on Samsung and Chrome. I'm with EE but I think it's just happening on wifi.

Last edited:
No bother.

Can you check out the gaffer's first post on this thread and provide as much info as possible.

I'm not brown nosing because it's not for his benefit as he already has his own private island - it's just that these pop ups doing my napper in and it's preventing me getting a good swing on my ban hammer.

Really bad this morning on Samsung and Chrome. I'm with EE but I think it's just happening on wifi.

Can I just give my report on this thread quoting Roger?

Reproduced this one myself on network 1, android, chrome and wifi (not 3/4g surprisingly).

That network has now been disabled, although it might take 30-40 minutes to propogate through the system and take effect for everyone

I have been getting numerous reports of adverts not behaving correctly recently. You shouldn't get any of the above, but we use various ad networks and agencies and unfortunately they are not always as diligent checking things as they should be.

The problem I have is tracking down which network the adverts come from, so that ads from that network can be stopped and the adverts in question reported.

To help track things down, I have created several test pages containing ads from the various networks we use. If you are experiencing any of the above, it would be useful if you could visit these test pages and let me know if you see the problem on any of them. (As each of the primary networks/agencies we use each farm their inventory out to other networks it is possible you may see the issue on more than one of them)

The test pages are at:
Network 1
Network 2 - no longer used
Network 3
Network 4 - no longer used
Network 5
Network 6 - no longer used
Network 7
Network 8

Please report your results below in the following form:
  1. The Advertising Network(s) [1-8] you see the problem on (if any)
  2. The advert which is causing the problem (if you can identify this)
  3. The type of device you are using (desktop PC, Tablet, Mobile) and if tablet/mobile the orientation of it (portrait/landscape)
  4. The browser and operating system you are using.
  5. If you are using a mobile, which network are you using (EE, O2, 3, Vodaphone etc) or state wifi if you are using that.

As per @Pancho request.

Network 1 is showing the offending advert, no other networks are.

Advert is "Offending site ahead" red screen "Google fastrack"

Android mobile in portrait

Not sure which Android OS, think browser is chrome

Vodafone network but using virgin home WiFi at present

Back