1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RTG Getting pop-ups, Audio, redirects, ads overlaying text, malware reports from ads please read this

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Roger, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Roger

Roger The Gaffer Staff Member

Thanks @Bluepaul, its not specifically a Xenforo thing and is coming from the adverts - but forums have been targeted by the scammers (as you say, not just RTG. Speaking to other forum owners, many have been hit).

The problem is that we all sell our ad space through ad-exchanges and the ads basically go to the highest bidder but we have little control over what is actually displayed. It's always worse at holiday periods because the scammers realise that people aren't around to stop the rogue ads.

Forums, and particularly football forums tend to get much lower ad rates than most sites, so obviously its cheaper for the scammers to get ads on sites like these.

niceonemarra likes this.
  2. f1since08

f1since08 Full Back

I keep getting redirected to "The Banana Song" on youtube. It can be any thread I click on, even just the main forum home page. W7 laptop, BT broadband, Google Chrome.

3. bonsai

bonsai Midfield Lost Magpie

Play store opening up again.

4. Gil Gunderson

Gil Gunderson Goalkeeper

I am having the same issue, song is embedded in my head too.

Macbook air, sky fibre, safari & chrome.

f1since08 likes this.
  5. Aldyyyy

Aldyyyy Winger

6. Ramshanker

Ramshanker Winger

This still happens every time I'm on mobile internet.. Really annoying when 'hijacked'. I'm on vodafone by the way, but same happens on O2

7. AndyGray1985

AndyGray1985 Midfield

Just the same for me