RTG Getting pop-ups, Audio, redirects, ads overlaying text, malware reports from ads please read this

Are people still getting this? I turned off the main mobile ad unit completely a few hours ago for ALL ad networks so unless you have things cached on your phone you shouldn't be seeing an ad at the top anymore which is where I think they were all coming from.

Posting this from android phone on EE with no problems (I did have a problem earlier today.)
Aye, mate. Less than an hour ago for me.

Are people still getting this? I turned off the main mobile ad unit completely a few hours ago for ALL ad networks so unless you have things cached on your phone you shouldn't be seeing an ad at the top anymore which is where I think they were all coming from.

Posting this from android phone on EE with no problems (I did have a problem earlier today.)

Aye, both on EE 4G & wifi, via safari on iPhone, have just cleared cookies and cache and just had one for walmart and one now for king.com

Have 4 blockers on phone but do not stop browser hijack - still looking for one that works well. Using Ad Blocker - Ad blocker plus and 2 others name cannot remember at moment - none working. Oh and have Kaperski on phone as well. Don't have a virus but it wants me to download something - Yeah right Sherlock. Now just use google as it does not get hijacked at all.

Not to worry when you as a user get it right then you will have grown up and joined the crowd:lol::lol:
I use ad blocker and it works perfect

vukofube74*dot*bid says your HTC is infected and needs repair
Then another page opens up saying repair your HTC with the app blah blah blah
Happens frequently
No issues on those test pages
Using Chrome /Android / wi-fi / portrait orientation
HTC One M9

Merry Christmas!

Last edited:
Seems to be every time you come in on a new connections on mobile today, be it wifi or 3g. Switch connection and a new one pops up - except on the test pages!

I have just effectively disabled all ad networks from serving to mobiles (will be replaced by fixed amazon/bet365 banners). This normally takes about an hour or so before it takes affect (using Google's ad server so nothing is immediate)

Once we get to a stable state with no redirects occurring I will introduce the ad networks back one by one until the problem pops up again, at least we will know who to complain to then and it can be switched off again (that said, probably coming through more than one network/agency as they all ultimately buy from the same ad exchanges).

Has anyone had any problems at all on either a tablet or desktop machine?

had this a few times last night. The Walmart one on Iphone on home BT wifi. Having no probs on the pc Windows 10 on Bt wired straight to router. Havent tried phone this morning as cba to charge it

Seems to be every time you come in on a new connections on mobile today, be it wifi or 3g. Switch connection and a new one pops up - except on the test pages!

I have just effectively disabled all ad networks from serving to mobiles (will be replaced by fixed amazon/bet365 banners). This normally takes about an hour or so before it takes affect (using Google's ad server so nothing is immediate)

Once we get to a stable state with no redirects occurring I will introduce the ad networks back one by one until the problem pops up again, at least we will know who to complain to then and it can be switched off again (that said, probably coming through more than one network/agency as they all ultimately buy from the same ad exchanges).

Has anyone had any problems at all on either a tablet or desktop machine?
Tablet ,never take note of pop up as I assume it's a time thing to minimise
Have to open another ad link from Facebook to override my Internet page then Task manage it away

@Roger

Don't know if this helps but I'm getting people from work who are telling me they're getting the same redirects, I'm an Everton fan from Liverpool, they've never used this site, I'm going to look out forum software (zenforo) to see if there's any patches. Cheers

Back