Getting old

Premature menopause hit me hard. Feel like I've gone from 40's to 60's in a short space of time.

im 58(dont look it apparently) and i said on another thread a week or so ago I hardly ever think of it but every now and again it pops in my head and i think f***ing hell im 58 thats like properly old. Im still reasonably fit i guess.... I handball at least 10 tonne a week off a wagon and into peoples gardens

Helps that the Mrs(no) is only 43 mind 😎

I`m 48 and the odd wobble i have is when i think 20 year ago (seems like nowt) i was 28 and it was 2002 and i was rolling round sackless every weekend. In 20 years time, I`ll be 68 if i`m still about . Madness

im 58(dont look it apparently) and i said on another thread a week or so ago I hardly ever think of it but every now and again it pops in my head and i think f***ing hell im 58 thats like properly old. Im still reasonably fit i guess.... I handball at least 10 tonne a week off a wagon and into peoples gardens

Helps that the Mrs(no) is only 43 mind 😎
As you get older you chase more compliments apparently ( as you don’t get them naturally as much ).

Last edited:
I`m 48 and the odd wobble i have is when i think 20 year ago (seems like nowt) i was 28 and it was 2002 and i was rolling round sackless every weekend. In 20 years time, I`ll be 68 if i`m still about . Madness
mad isnt it.....i think back to when i was a lad and people 58 looked and were ancient 🤷‍♂️
As you get older you chase more compliments apparently ( as you don’t get them naturally as much ).
whats compliments🤔
😉

Last edited:
Aye and no . I have to control it really because it gets a bit mad .
Doing the how long left maths every day . Some future date comes up on news
I'll be dead
I remember something from my past, 20 years ago
Haven't got 20 years left and if I have it will be very average
Just how it is . Got to stay positive and live your days not waste them

I'm almost 60 and and physically feel really good.
I do lots of walking and my job keeps me busy & physically active.
I'm still the same size waist (32") as I was in my 20's.
I've never smoked and these days, I very rarely drink more than 3 pints on a matchday.
I've not been drunk since 2008, and I love waking up on the morning after a match, feeling sober & as fresh as a daisy.
My one big worry/regret, is not having settled down with anyone special, to share whatever time left I have remaining, in this life.

I'm almost 60 and and physically feel really good.
I do lots of walking and my job keeps me busy & physically active.
I'm still the same size waist (32") as I was in my 20's.
I've never smoked and these days, I very rarely drink more than 3 pints on a matchday.
I've not been drunk since 2008, and I love waking up on the morning after a match, feeling sober & as fresh as a daisy.
My one big worry/regret, is not having settled down with anyone special, to share whatever time left I have remaining, in this life.
Are you doing anything to find that special person?

I’m 60 soon and more chilled than ever. Will be getting every f***ing discount I can. Free prescriptions and me 60+ plus Oyster card are good uns

Got more regularly active as I've got older. Kind of winding down my working life and making more time for leisurely stuff and quality family time now. I've never particularly worried about getting old tbh, just live for today.

Afternoon all.

Does anyone on here get stressed by age or is it just a number to folk? I was 46 a couple of days ago & it dawned on me I'm closer to 50 than 40. Just wondered how people cope with the age thing.
Why get stressed mate , I think it’s an achievement getting old , I was amazed I got to 50 … I’m 72 in October 😁 , just live your life and keep taking the tablets if the Doc tells you to 😉👍

Why get stressed mate , I think it’s an achievement getting old , I was amazed I got to 50 … I’m 72 in October 😁 , just live your life and keep taking the tablets if the Doc tells you to 😉👍
Good post mate. Now & again I just get jittery. I work by myself & overthink sometimes which can be detrimental 😐

Back