Getting a test in Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know we don’t see eye to eye on this but that’s good news mate.

So the two lads on this very thread arguing the point have had tests turned around quickly.

Cheers mate. Its just frustrating as im off for 4 days thankfully. Just worrying that there are nhs workers and other frontline workers that are having to travel 120 mile round trips and then wait longer than i have and thats even if they can find their test. However, premier league have carried out 2500 tests just this week from their own training grounds and get answers in hours

Cheers mate. Its just frustrating as im off for 4 days thankfully. Just worrying that there are nhs workers and other frontline workers that are having to travel 120 mile round trips and then wait longer than i have and thats even if they can find their test. However, premier league have carried out 2500 tests just this week from their own training grounds and get answers in hours
Hospital labs can do the tests, but the government gave the contract to the private sector, so there are labs with staff sitting doing nothing, because the private sector can always do things better than the public sector. People will die because of this dogma.

Had my test at the drive through test at Belmont Park Ride and it was none stop from me being there to leaving! Seemed to be around 20/30 cars and I was only there 15 minutes maximum

No. We couldn’t get one through the normal channels. It was only through my wife’s school who had 8 kits. Just sent off today..too soon to call on turnaround but rest assured I will be back to comment one way or another. I want to be coming back on here to say the testing system works. Do you understand this really important bit?

The missus, who is a teacher in Sunderland had a do-at-home test supplied by the school. Sent it off Friday, still no results back. She's gone back to school 'cos the head asked her to go back in if she feels alright.

4 of us in our house trying to get a test as I was working with someone who tested positive for covid. I don't have symptoms except for a banging headache but the wife and kids all have/had temperatures and coughs. No call etc from test and trace and despite mobile units being in Shields they would not test us without a barcode. They were basically all just standing around enjoying the sunshine. What an absolute shambles this government are. It's no wonder it is spreading

Shocking a head would ask staff to go back when the results are pending. We feel ok but there’s no way we are leaving the house until we have the result.

Yup. I'm a union rep anarl so you can imagine my opinion on the matter. Domestic ructions there were.

4 of us in our house trying to get a test as I was working with someone who tested positive for covid. I don't have symptoms except for a banging headache but the wife and kids all have/had temperatures and coughs. No call etc from test and trace and despite mobile units being in Shields they would not test us without a barcode. They were basically all just standing around enjoying the sunshine. What an absolute shambles this government are. It's no wonder it is spreading
Hope you get sorted.
I saw a mad headline that there were test shortages in all ten UK hotspots! How can you not sort out that basic thing? Seems like it should be step one of any system?

Hope you get sorted.
I saw a mad headline that there were test shortages in all ten UK hotspots! How can you not sort out that basic thing? Seems like it should be step one of any system?
You would of thought so mate. South Shields is supposed to be an area of enhanced support but where is it?? I've rang the council and informed them and said how can you threaten to lock us down when people are trying to do the right thing. How is Hancock still in a job is beyond me mind

I'm self isolating after coming into contact with somebody who has tested positive in a work situation.
I've got mild symptoms as well but wear PPE at work so it has come as a shock to me.
No tests seem to be available so might have to pay for one.
What a f***ing mess this is.

I'm self isolating after coming into contact with somebody who has tested positive in a work situation.
I've got mild symptoms as well but wear PPE at work so it has come as a shock to me.
No tests seem to be available so might have to pay for one.
What a f***ing mess this is.
What mild symptoms have you got.

Finally after spending nearly a full day constantly on the site got tests for tomorrow at Dalton Park...keep trying everyone, it's a complete shambles though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back