German cuisine

Status
Not open for further replies.

That’s not the point he is making though. I love going there but let’s face it we’re eating sausage and chips the whole time.

You’ve just gotta enter into the spirit of it though haven’t ya? I don’t go to Germany for the food, in fact I don’t go anywhere just for the food.

This is it. Germans are the same as us really. In fact I’ve never been to a country that is more similar to us.

I’d say the people of the Netherlands are more similar to us, the way they are like. The Danes are too. But I love Germany me like, had a great journey every time I’ve been.

Get yerself over to Berlin marra, you'll be surprised.

Did you not see that series Rick Stein did on BBC about weekend breaks away at 10 various European Cities, the Berlin one where he stalls his Trabant and starts swearing?

German chefs are some of the most passionate in the business, and absolute perfectionists, and this comes from somebody who's worked and trained under them.

Get yerself over to Berlin marra, you'll be surprised.

Did you not see that series Rick Stein did on BBC about weekend breaks away at 10 various European Cities, the Berlin one where he stalls his Trabant and starts swearing?

German chefs are some of the most passionate in the business, and absolute perfectionists, and this comes from somebody who's worked and trained under them.

I've been marra. Best part of Berlin is the area that is most un German. Very Muslim area.

Aye, seen it, and he struggled to sell it, especially compared to the other places in the series. Iirc there was a restaurant in a cemetery which was a bit different.

Not disputing the chefs abilities, but as many others have said on here, the traditional food is largely uninspiring.

Last edited:
It’s just bread and meat with very little else in my experience

Indeed. If you go there, look on the net or read books, for traditional food that's basically it. People who say it was great probably mean the food they had in general was, but it won't have been traditional German bait.

Give me a gyros pita with Ziebeln (onion), Tomaten, and zatziki over a greasy donner all day, every day.

Class squaddie Sat night food!

Nice for a weekend, but gets very dull very quickly
I think most "cuisine" is like that. I remember me first week of this project I'm on and the hotel I stayed in, I get free food on the company and it was an Indian curryhouse restaurant so I was like f***ing nice one, love an indian.... after 5 days I wanted to kill meself :lol:

I spent a bit of time working in Germany a few years back and was overwhelmed by the amount of meat they eat. I couldn't cope with it so opted for pasta one night. I was presented with a f***ing mountain of tagliatelle topped by a couple of pork chops.

The next night they were off to a Greek restaurant famed for its meat so I feigned illness.

Genuinely great people but I'd struggle to eat that much meat
:neutral:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back