German cuisine

You do love highlighting your lack of ability to think sometimes, don’t you?

Lets be honest, it's not exactly alien from our culture really. And Germany is known for having shite, non exciting food. Beer and meat and our natives are more than happy. Nothing wrong with that mind.

Just sausages isn’t it. Bit limited like. Not for me.

Pretty much.

Rick Stein made a show trying to bust the theory. By and large, he failed.

Last edited:

Disagree. But it's a close one. Its probably one of the reasons why Germany as a place is favoured by the least adventurous Brits.
I love germany tbh. I love holland and their cuisine is worse than ours.

Spain is the place favoured by the least adventurous brits i would have said. Or Turkey.

Strictly speaking there is no such thing. There are two different cuisines in Germany, Swabian and Barvarian. Swabian is largely noodles (spätzle), pretzels, soups, vegetarian, chicken and veal dishes. Bavarian is what most of us think of as “German”; pork, sausages of various descriptions, bread, potatoes and dumplings and some tremendous cakes. I’ve very rarely had a bad meal in Germany and their food is so shite they have the second highest number of Michelin stars (per capita) in the world (after France).

Strictly speaking there is no such thing. There are two different cuisines in Germany, Swabian and Barvarian. Swabian is largely noodles (spätzle), pretzels, soups, vegetarian, chicken and veal dishes. Bavarian is what most of us think of as “German”; pork, sausages of various descriptions, bread, potatoes and dumplings and some tremendous cakes. I’ve very rarely had a bad meal in Germany and their food is so shite they have the second highest number of Michelin stars (per capita) in the world (after France).

Bavarian bait is shite, as you've just highlighted. Very dull, but typical of what many Brits would enjoy. Sausages, bread, potatoes ffs :lol:

All their top restaurants go with foreign cuisine.

Makes no difference. He makes a good point. Traditional German food is shite. Don’t get me wrong I love Germany and I enjoy the food as basic as it is but they have contributed nowt to gastronomy over the years.

I thought Japan had the most.

He's still using my crack :lol:
Makes no difference. He makes a good point. Traditional German food is shite. Don’t get me wrong I love Germany and I enjoy the food as basic as it is but they have contributed nowt to gastronomy over the years.

This.

Last edited:

Back