George McCartney

Never rated him....I do remember his first spell I think we were playing Blackburn and Mark Hughes was giving him some shite on the pitch......you seen him just shout fvck off ya old pr1ck or summit lines.....ge:cool:rge

All this "he was good the first time around" lark is bollocks. He had a bit of pace about him and absolutely nothing else. Makes it even crazier that we went and spunked £5.5m on him when it was obvious he'd lost his pace.

I doubt it.
He was considering retiring at one point towards the end of his first time here. SAFC should’ve known not to resign him because of that. Getting a fee for him was Quinn’s finest moment as a SAFC owner which I was ower the moment about on here when he was sold. Resigning him was his worst. Absolute rank stupidity. Which I also posted about on here at the time.
No lessons learnt by anyone other than McCartney ower the George Butler fiasco.
First I've heard of that (not saying it isn't true). He'd been ever present for two seasons in the Championship, missed half a season in the Prem but played the last few months then pretty much ever present for two years at West Ham?

Played well with arca. Sold him for next to nowt to West Ham, played the best footy of his career for them, we sign him for shitloads and he goes on to be utter shite :lol:

They loved him at West Ham, he was runner up to their Player of the Year
The SMB loved him anarl. For all the people on this thread claiming he was shite first time around (I think we can all agree he was definitely shite the second time!) they weren't in the consensus as he had almost universal approval from the SMB

The SMB loved him anarl. For all the people on this thread claiming he was shite first time around (I think we can all agree he was definitely shite the second time!) they weren't in the consensus as he had almost universal approval from the SMB

Completely and 100% disagree. I remember liking him in the Championship yes but I also remember thinking he was awful in the top flight

Back