George McCartney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most people were pleased when we signed him for his second spell. Remember a few on here saying the answer to our left-back issues since losing McCartney has been signing McCartney.

I couldn't believe how bad he was when he came back.

What was everyones thoughts on him in his two spells here.

Reason I ask just bumped into him yesterday in a little bar in moira , Craigavon a little town in Northern Ireland. Standing at the bar having a pint with his missus, (who was nice to look at) didn't approach him like but recognised him straight away. Not one for approaching footballers its what bairns do imo
You should have walked past Mcartney n just whispered "Brian Deane"...He would have dropped his pint and shit his pants.

I think he took the piss out of the club in his second spell here. He wasn't all that in his first spell and but he clearly felt we still owed him something when he came back as he basically robbed the club of his substantial wage without ever putting anything back in. Whatever injuries he had, I'll suspect that some at the club expected more from a lad who'd come through the youth set-up.

And yes, he bottled it at Old Trafford and cost us a place in a cup final. Considering the money spent on him, I'd have him down as one of our worst signings of all time.

Last edited:
Awful captain, never really endeared himself to fans, seemed devoid of a personality, half decent left back first time around

He wasn’t though. I watched him through the reserves and he was a class product. More than held his own in the first team and was a good player for us. It was a shame we sold him. Second time around was a big mistake. I always believe you should never go back in life.
I thought he was average sorry.

He was no Mickey Gray in his first spell and he was no Martin Scott in his second.
Was no Martin Scott in his first spell, cracking full back was Scotty.

What was everyones thoughts on him in his two spells here.

Reason I ask just bumped into him yesterday in a little bar in moira , Craigavon a little town in Northern Ireland. Standing at the bar having a pint with his missus, (who was nice to look at) didn't approach him like but recognised him straight away. Not one for approaching footballers its what bairns do imo
Alreet George?

I remember the game v arsenal when he was took off after being roasted time after time. Was horrific to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back