Geordies are the absolute cornerstone of Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
where the f**k are the yacker's when these thread's take place. they always keep a low profile but the club's every bit as much theirs as the geordies and mackems.
maybe its because mr hall didn't try to re-brand them so they've been missed out a bit on the geordie thing.

in my experience the yackers are the heart and soul of SAFC, alongside the geordies. the townies/mackems or whatever they want to be known as nowadays are also important.

Keep trying to convince yourself. The people of Sunderland have always remained loyal to the club, unlike some of the fans from outside the city who couldn't prevent their sons and daughters converting to the darkside during the Keegan era.

Keep trying to convince yourself. The people of Sunderland have always remained loyal to the club, unlike some of the fans from outside the city who couldn't prevent their sons and daughters converting to the darkside during the Keegan era.

some of the older people of sunderland still refer to themselves as townies. that is a fact, i know some of them personally and they prefer not to refer to themselves as mackems so i respect their wishes.

ive seen newcastle strips in sunderland and there's f**king loads in washington.

some of the older people of sunderland still refer to themselves as townies. that is a fact, i know some of them personally and they prefer not to refer to themselves as mackems so i respect their wishes.

ive seen newcastle strips in sunderland and there's f**king loads in washington.

:lol::lol: No they don't and i've lived here all my life. You just make up lies to suit your own agenda!

There's 280,000 people in Sunderland. When i worked as cabbie in Sunderland I must have seen a mag top bellend, once or twice in a calendar year. The same would probably apply to Sunderland tops in Newcastle.

:lol::lol: No they don't and i've lived here all my life. You just make up lies to suit your own agenda!

There's 280,000 people in Sunderland. When i worked as cabbie in Sunderland I must have seen a mag top bellend, once or twice in a calendar year. The same would probably apply to Sunderland tops in Newcastle.

You are saying that people he knows didn't say something?
But howld on, a taxi driver, you DO know everything.

You are saying that people he knows didn't say something?
But howld on, a taxi driver, you DO know everything.

I know a Sunderland supporting geordie from Byker who refers to himself as a 'mackem' I've said it so it must be true.

I know a Sunderland supporting geordie from Byker who refers to himself as a 'mackem' I've said it so it must be true.

Well I'll do you the honour of taking that at face value...however saying that someone is lying about what friends said is a bit off.

how the f**k would you know who i know over in sunderland. ive got interests in sunderland and i'm over there nearly every day.
i have dealings with a few people who refer to themselves as townies, not mackems.

i don't even think you're f**king from sunderland if you've never heard the term "townies" before.

you must drive around with your f**king eyes shut. ive seen newcastle shirts in sunderland. there's plenty of mags live and work over there.
you'll always see sunderland tops in newcastle, it isn't even unusual.

Absolute rubbish. I was there with my Geordie mates and 8 and o9 thousand others to watch us go down to the third. You have no idea about my club son

Absolute rubbish. I was there with my Geordie mates and 8 and o9 thousand others to watch us go down to the third. You have no idea about my club son

I stood in a crowd of 8003 for a league game at Roker. I am a 'Geordie'

I stood in a crowd of 8003 for a league game at Roker. I am a 'Geordie'

So you are with me on this? So suddenly they don't want the thousands of Tyneside born supporters who were born Sunderland supporters? They need to look at themselves and see if they are as loyal as us. My club they can come along if they want

According to some on here, my kind are not welcome as SAFC supporters...they want that right for a 10 mile radius of the city for themselves.:evil:

So you are with me on this? So suddenly they don't want the thousands of Tyneside born supporters who were born Sunderland supporters? They need to look at themselves and see if they are as loyal as us. My club they can come along if they want

Who said you aren't wanted as fans? That's crazy talk.

Try going into the Metro Centre in Gateshead, a strong "Geordie" area and count the number of SAFC tops...there's a lot more than people give credit for.

Sir Bob Murray always used to say the SAFC heartland was to be found in East Durham, Easington/Hordon/Blackhall/Wingate area.

as i said earlier..my first game was 1969, and i never heard the term mackem till a mag called me one in 78ish

You need to rethink your username then.

One thing's for sure, this thread could only come about on here.

As I've said before, if you're red and white you're welcome at the SSOL. You're no better a supporter if you're a townie or from elsewhere, but as you support the team of Sunderland, some fans need to show the place a wee bit more respect I feel.

As I've said before, if you're red and white you're welcome at the SSOL. You're no better a supporter if you're a townie or from elsewhere, but as you support the team of Sunderland, some fans need to show the place a wee bit more respect I feel.

I agree with this entirely. There are 'Geordies' (well... blokes from south tyneside) on here who hate & mock every single thing about Sunderland other than the football club. Odd as f•ck! :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back