Geordies are the absolute cornerstone of Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.

read the 1st sentence again.

I read it marra.

But Looking through this thread quite a few of you are fighting with each other and at the end of the day it's simply about the timing of terms. As I said earlier, I don't class myself as a mackem but my son does. We both love SAFC and that's what counts, surely????

Its been happening since the year dot man when the whole of the north east was a geordie :roll:

Times have changed..onwards and upwards !!

HA'WAY THE LADS !!! not howay.

Gan listen to some "big river" by jimmy nail !!!

Better that you listen to the Angelic Upstarts song "Kids on the Streets". Or are you calling Mensi a Mag? ;)

I read it marra.

But Looking through this thread quite a few of you are fighting with each other and at the end of the day it's simply about the timing of terms. As I said earlier, I don't class myself as a mackem but my son does. We both love SAFC and that's what counts, surely????

A bit of sense. You just have to look at th east stand flags to see how many none Sunderland supporters clubs there are to realise that stadium has a huge amount of none Sunderland people in it. It's a good thing to have a wide fan base. It's the local club of the Durham villages and South Tyneside. It's my club.

I have no problem with Sunlun fans being called Mackems, it's Mags being called Geordies that's the issue. The danger here is that Newcastle Utd is laying claim to all Northeasterners that are not from Sunderland and the precious Mackems on here are playing right into John Hall's hands.

If we agree the Mackems and Mags can both be Geordies then fine, otherwise Sunderland is NOT a Mackem club.

spot on.
no f**ker's said they had a problem with mackems. they can be called whatever the f**k they want and i'm happy for them.
the same goes for geordies and yackers. newcastle doesn't own either.

At kick-off to the 1973 F.A. Cup Final Brian Moore said, "No Geordie team has lost at Wembley".

A bit of sense. You just have to look at th east stand flags to see how many none Sunderland supporters clubs there are to realise that stadium has a huge amount of none Sunderland people in it. It's a good thing to have a wide fan base. It's the local club of the Durham villages and South Tyneside. It's my club.

Fair few Sunderland people died beneath it !!!

spot on.
no f**ker's said they had a problem with mackems. they can be called whatever the f**k they want and i'm happy for them.
the same goes for geordies and yackers. newcastle doesn't own either.

right there :roll:

Better that you listen to the Angelic Upstarts song "Kids on the Streets". Or are you calling Mensi a Mag? ;)

i doubt any of the f**kers would have the balls to do that.:)
proper red n white was mensi, saw him at loads of away games.
when i think about some of the tyneside based madmen who used to travel away we could've taken on an army in those days.

i doubt any of the f**kers would have the balls to do that.:)
proper red n white was mensi, saw him at loads of away games.
when i think about some of the tyneside based madmen who used to travel away we could've taken on an army in those days.

So geordies are f***ing harder now...getting sillier now :lol:

At kick-off to the 1973 F.A. Cup Final Brian Moore said, "No Geordie team has lost at Wembley".

And at the same time, in house in Millfield Sunderland, a small apoplectic child was throwing his rattle of the T.V screen in disgust.

Fair few Sunderland people died beneath it !!!

right there :roll:

You're right and some from surrounding areas as it happens. I think the pits and blokes moving around from one to another accounts for our diverse support a bit

And at the same time, in house in Millfield Sunderland, a small apoplectic child was throwing his rattle of the T.V screen in disgust.

as its parents nodded at the screen in agreement

So geordies are f***ing harder now...getting sillier now :lol:

there were quite a few very well known tyneside based bad lads who used to follow sunderland in those days. one was a well known boxer.
there's a thread about the west brom away game that ended up with a near riot and he was heavily involved. it's a long story with quite a couple of coincidences but i ended up working alongside the very same fella out of the blue years later when i started in clubs.
being older than me the "boxer" packed in a while ago but ive seen him knocking grown men out by the baker's dozen. i still work up in newcastle clubs and there's a few sunderland lads up there. plenty of good crack and piss taking.

Sunderland AFC is a NE club based in Sunderland. Newcastle UTD is a NE club based in Newcastle. Unless you're from either city proper then you should have a choice to make. To attempt to remove the choice between the 2 for the people of the NE is dangerous for the future of our great club and makes you John Hall's bitch. .

Sunderland AFC is a NE club based in Sunderland. Newcastle UTD is a NE club based in Newcastle. Unless you're from either city proper then you should have a choice to make. To attempt to remove the choice between the 2 for the people of the NE is dangerous for the future of our great club and makes you John Hall's bitch. .

It's true this!

Pit yakkers love getting their knickers in a twist about supporting us though, as if they need to proclaim their support is superior to that of a 'townie' simply down to the fact they have to travel further to home games! :)

Pit yakkers love getting their knickers in a twist about supporting us though, as if they need to proclaim their support is superior to that of a 'townie' simply down to the fact they have to travel further to home games! :)

where the f**k are the yacker's when these thread's take place. they always keep a low profile but the club's every bit as much theirs as the geordies and mackems.
maybe its because mr hall didn't try to re-brand them so they've been missed out a bit on the geordie thing.

in my experience the yackers are the heart and soul of SAFC, alongside the geordies. the townies/mackems or whatever they want to be known as nowadays are also important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back