Geordies are the absolute cornerstone of Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nor, man.

I meant general you, not why you personally would go there.

Ah knaar why you're there, Geordie among your brethren :)

We'd probably disagree on the definition of 'vibrancy'. A load of blokes from Doncaster or some other place on a stag night is hardly 'vibrant'.

I doubt any of these kids coming from all four corners of England are leading the world into the coming enlightenment, or setting up shop as an artist in the bohemian quarter, or even having a conversation beyond: "canny tits, another beer?". Let's be honest, here, they're just transporting getting pissed in their local town to Newcastle; so it's just another group of blokes getting pissed among the local blokes getting pissed and paying over the odds for the privilege.

i work just about all of the main nights so i rarely go out as such myself. when i do it's usually for a specific reason with mates so the venue isn't always important unless it's an event.
when you've stood amongst 55,000 well oiled people sometimes it's the last thing you want to do on a night off.
as i said, it's mainly the supply of fresh faces that sets it apart, it's not all stag and hen parties.

i often get asked by very pretty girls if i'll take them out but i use the excuse that ive got to bait some mackems on the forum and even though they're disappointed they understand!!!:lol::lol::lol:

i work just about all of the main nights so i rarely go out as such myself. when i do it's usually for a specific reason with mates so the venue isn't always important unless it's an event.
when you've stood amongst 55,000 well oiled people sometimes it's the last thing you want to do on a night off.
as i said, it's mainly the supply of fresh faces that sets it apart, it's not all stag and hen parties.

i often get asked by very pretty girls if i'll take them out but i use the excuse that ive got to bait some mackems on the forum and even though they're disappointed they understand!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Give ower, man. You've gotta get some crack on ye before going round trying to wind people up :lol:

The supply of fresh faces?! Can just imagine you, mate: "canny night that, like, loads of fresh faces, had a few in from Pontefract the neet, momumental arseholes hoying the pool balls round the bar but fresh".

Give ower, man. You've gotta get some crack on ye before going round trying to wind people up :lol:

The supply of fresh faces?! Can just imagine you, mate: "canny night that, like, loads of fresh faces, had a few in from Pontefract the neet, momumental arseholes hoying the pool balls round the bar but fresh".

:lol:

there is one thing that sets it apart as a parallel universe but it could probably be said about most places in similar circumstances:-
starting work at my usual time when there's been an all day event like "ladies day". driving through thousands of moshed people when you've just arrived from tranquil settings is an eye opener. i'd usually see the same thing develop over time but to see it as a snapshot is f**king mind boggling.:)

you get all sorts over there, not just pontefract!!

there was a group of 25 foreign fans at the tottenham 0-0 home game a year or so back. they'd all come over to see sessegnon and ended up sitting next to me. i got talking to them and they were staying in newcastle.
later that night i recognised the same bunch coming to the venue so i hid and told one of the lads to "punk" them.
it was funny to see their faces when, despite wearing no colours, they were knocked back for looking like sunderland fans with my mate saying he could tell they'd been to the match by their "mackem haircuts". like anyone would, they tried to deny it for a good while till i popped my head around the door. it was a good natured laugh and they ended up staying for 3/4 hours getting bladdered.
i'm pretty sure most of that lot were from paris(PSG) but you'd be surprised how many people make the pilgrimage to see their favourite players, it's staggering really. quite a few to see mignolet!!

anyway that's enough "tales from the darkside".

Just the way I see it. All or nothing for me. No idea how anyone could follow Sunderland and drink in Newcastle.

I left Shields at 21 and always drank in Newcastle (or Shields itself). The reason? Our accents were enough to turn heads in Sunderland pubs. To say we weren't made welcome is an understatement.

This thread has done nothing to change my opinion that things might be different nearly 30 years on.

we drink in the centurian pub our supporters bus leaves from here to go to the arena to see our new leader p d c who is a real gladiator ,,,

haway folks let it go now ,,

no one gives a flying ----- where we from ,

look at me mother born n bred roker ave lass pre war father waskley lad me born consett brought up in gateshead iam a[ county durham gateshead sland lad] in my eyes knocked about with vauxies lads since 16 years old mixed with alsorts of sland fans from everywhere in the north i follow safc you all follow safc whos botherd ,,,

heres one to finnish off - train stations from billingham to newcastle for safc home games chocker block 1950s to mid 70s with safc fans going to roker park fact ,,, safc away sland train station chocker block with safc fans from the town going away 50s 60s 70s we come from everwhere they did then these are facts no ones the best we are one , hope this puts this to bed ,,,

well my names biggest dickest i work guarding the roman wall do shift work i support sunderland and iam a roman ,, my best mate littlest cocklest also follows the lads hes a roman as well ,,

we romans have followed sunderland for 1000s of years ask your main general from hexham known to us as macksimuss macvay known to you as the hexham skin mackie ,,

more romans follow safc than picks over the wall north of us they are a nasty breed they follow a team called nueckastle u shited who for years have been raped and turned over by us when we have been pissed up ,,

we are not either geordies or mackems we are romans been here 1000s of years my first game with my grandad was - seaburn vikings v hexham skins cracking game no arrests and all fans were romans bar the odd seaburn local who we got on with ,,

this is history nee one naas bar me n mates so anyone who keeps trying to divide us sunderlandromans with this geordiemackem rubbish better watch out becouse my to main generals - macksimuss macvay and hutchyussbaldyuss will come along and cut your nutsimussnackers off ,,

yes ive lost it but this thread needs a real nutter just to shake a few heeds ,,,geordie mackem roman whos botherd who we are ,,,,
humour ffs to get us all as one

:-O Mag ;)

Irony of all this is, we spend more time defending Sunderland than any of the people IN Sunderland. :neutral:
WE are front line or behind enemy lines.....

Spot on.

Sir Bob Murray always used to say the SAFC heartland was to be found in East Durham, Easington/Hordon/Blackhall/Wingate area.

He also said the Mags were better fans than us so we'll take his remarks with a pinch of salt. :lol:

I agree with this entirely. There are 'Geordies' (well... blokes from south tyneside) on here who hate & mock every single thing about Sunderland other than the football club. Odd as f•ck! :roll:

Aye but Terry Fuckwitt you're an absolute cretenious dipshit who doesn't understand the concept of banter that the Mackems and Sandies have on here. You're a placka Mackem from Durham man you don't have a clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back