Genius

What a wonderful series that was. I feared it would be either too clever for me or borderline dull but it was just a very well-made and interesting series with twists and turns about his life I knew nothing about. I ended up feeling quite sorry for him, something I didn't expect at all. What an interesting life he had.

Picasso has some shoes to fill after this.

The major new drama from National Geographic about Einstein which is also on Sky Atlantic... I watched it earlier today and it's really, really promising. Geoffrey Rush steals the show as older Einstein but Johnny Flynn is good as young Einstein, @Son of Stan. I watched it thinking I would watch an episode and give up but now want to watch the rest.

It's a great drama. Well worth while viewing and it is accurate to history.

I could have done without the irritating child, but could see what they were trying to do. Re the ending, tbf they couldn't really 'invent' something to make it play out more dramatically. And it was quite touching I thought.

I'm (obviously) not complaining about the story. I just thought they told it badly. One scene he's alive and kicking, the next he's lying on a trolley having his brain removed.

Steve Guttenberg? Really no idea. Antonio Banderas played him in a Spanish film a few years ago but he'd have to be middle aged Picasso.

Was looking around to see if there is an airing date for series two. Only thing I found out is that filming began this Autumn and that you were spot on with Banderas playing him. Should be interesting.

As I'm listening to him at the minute - any role for Johnny Flynn in this? :lol:

Picasso and Einstein's lovechild? It's all gone a bit Almodovar and men can get pregnant from other men. Einstein and Picasso have a one night stand leading to Johnny Flynn's Warhol being born...

Banderas will play him from his 40s to his death at ninety-one. Someone called Alex Rich will play the younger version.

Oh, and after doing a little more digging, turns out series two will hit the screens in April.

Logon or register to see this image

Alex Rich was in True Detective and GLOW apparently...

Picasso and Einstein's lovechild? It's all gone a bit Almodovar and men can get pregnant from other men. Einstein and Picasso have a one night stand leading to Johnny Flynn's Warhol being born...

I have heard of True Detective but not seen it and have no idea what GLOW is. With the risk of coming across ignorant and possibly slightly racist (I don't mean to, of course) but his name doesn't sound particularly Spanish ? Some big shoes to fill after what was a good first series.

:lol: Johnny could do Warhol no problem. Got a definite 'look'. I know - I'm ever so slightly too old to be this obsessed. :oops:

I have heard of True Detective but not seen it and have no idea what GLOW is. With the risk of coming across ignorant and possibly slightly racist (I don't mean to, of course) but his name doesn't sound particularly Spanish ? Some big shoes to fill after what was a good first series.

Never seen GLOW but I believe it's a Netflix exclusive about female wrestlers. Supposed to be very good!

:lol: Johnny could do Warhol no problem. Got a definite 'look'. I know - I'm ever so slightly too old to be this obsessed. :oops:

He has a fair degree of talent... he's almost Joanna Newsom!

Back