Genius

I have to agree - although of course I think Johnny is very very good. :lol: With it being Ron Howard directing I was prepared not to like it, and to just watch the younger Einstein bits, being an old tart. But yes, it's very watchable - although I've no clue what was going on with the younger Einstein's hair at the beginning. Reminded me of a footballer's perm. But not only has his hair calmed down I've definitely been drawn into it too. High production values and it looks fabulous as well. I read the second episode focuses more of Einstein the younger - which is nice! :lol:

I have to agree - although of course I think Johnny is very very good. :lol: With it being Ron Howard directing I was prepared not to like it, and to just watch the younger Einstein bits, being an old tart. But yes, it's very watchable - although I've no clue what was going on with the younger Einstein's hair at the beginning. Reminded me of a footballer's perm. But not only has his hair calmed down I've definitely been drawn into it too. High production values and it looks fabulous as well. I read the second episode focuses more of Einstein the younger - which is nice! :lol:

Basically, it's TV done with film production values and cast/crew. I enjoyed the young Einstein bits (his French teacher/girlfriend is a looker) but, at this point, the Berlin just before the Nazis rule bits are more intriguing in some ways.

Basically, it's TV done with film production values and cast/crew. I enjoyed the young Einstein bits (his French teacher/girlfriend is a looker) but, at this point, the Berlin just before the Nazis rule bits are more intriguing in some ways.
I was more interested in the older Einstein's situation than I expected to be. I hadn't anticipated any of the Hitler stuff. Also nice to see Pete Campbell from Mad Men doing a spot of 'interrogation'. Strangely enough Johnny has a song called Einstein's Idea - written way before this, but rather apt
It's a Friday night...any excuse! :lol:

I was more interested in the older Einstein's situation than I expected to be. I hadn't anticipated any of the Hitler stuff. Also nice to see Pete Campbell from Mad Men doing a spot of 'interrogation'. Strangely enough Johnny has a song called Einstein's Idea - written way before this, but rather apt
It's a Friday night...any excuse! :lol:

Moving away from Genius, for some reason, I always considered Johnny Flynn and Fionn Regan to be kind of English/Irsh equivalents so if you like the former, here's the latter:

I rather liked that. Strange as I've tried to listen to him before and wasn't convinced - however, I might have to re-evaluate my opinion now.

Two episodes in an enjoying the series so far.

I didn't know he was so sexual.

It would seem so, in his early days at least. The second episode was basically linear in terms of the narrative, wasn't it?

Nat Geo have commissioned a second series. Sounds like it will be about another genius, rather than Einstein.

It would seem so, in his early days at least. The second episode was basically linear in terms of the narrative, wasn't it?

Nat Geo have commissioned a second series. Sounds like it will be about another genius, rather than Einstein.

Just watched episode six. I have felt sorry for Mileva for weeks but the final scene in tonight's episode will hopefully make a turn for the better for her.

Am still surprised by how sexual he is. But then again I must admit I knew nothing about his personal life before beginning this series.

How many episodes will there be, do you know ?

Will be hard for a second series with a different genius to be this good. Am rather enjoying it.

Just watched episode six. I have felt sorry for Mileva for weeks but the final scene in tonight's episode will hopefully make a turn for the better for her.

Am still surprised by how sexual he is. But then again I must admit I knew nothing about his personal life before beginning this series.

How many episodes will there be, do you know ?

Will be hard for a second series with a different genius to be this good. Am rather enjoying it.

10 episodes, I believe. Still got episode 6 to watch...

10 episodes, I believe. Still got episode 6 to watch...

Ah, so a month to go still, nice one.

They need to skip a few years soon if Geoffrey Rush is to play a bigger part. Like you said earlier in the thread the past few weeks have been pretty linear.

Ah, so a month to go still, nice one.

They need to skip a few years soon if Geoffrey Rush is to play a bigger part. Like you said earlier in the thread the past few weeks have been pretty linear.
Yes, but Johnny Flynn is more attractive than Geoffrey Rush (even with the bad hair). Yes, I'm afraid the poor lad has got himself a middle aged fan here. To be fair I've seen him on stage and really like his music. And he looks like this...
Logon or register to see this image

:oops::oops:

Yes, but Johnny Flynn is more attractive than Geoffrey Rush (even with the bad hair). Yes, I'm afraid the poor lad has got himself a middle aged fan here. To be fair I've seen him on stage and really like his music. And he looks like this...
Logon or register to see this image

:oops::oops:

That reminds me. I now have the first six episodes ready for you with The White Princess. Two more to go and I can bung them over to you. Oddly enough am on episode six there as well and this week's episode was the best one yet. I reckon you will like it. It follows The White Queen series rather nicely.

That reminds me. I now have the first six episodes ready for you with The White Princess. Two more to go and I can bung them over to you. Oddly enough am on episode six there as well and this week's episode was the best one yet. I reckon you will like it. It follows The White Queen series rather nicely.
Oh good. I read that there were some of the cast from the previous series in it too. Can't understand why the BBC wasn't interested. Some pretty boys in it I hope? I know... I'm an old tart really. :lol:

Just watched episode nine.

People dying left right and centre but some very good writing, too.

I had something in my eye during the Elsa scenes but minutes later I was smiling all over by his cinnamon remark and the expression on his face. And in the end of the episode his line 'Why couldn't you love your country... and also love me ?' had me thinking. I wonder if he knew ?

One episode to go. Looking forward to see how they will round it all up.

Also, I didn't know about Bohr's influence on him. Needless to say I quite like that they included that. I didn't even know that they knew each other till these past two episodes. :oops:

Been a jolly good series this.

Settling a difference with strudel sounds great.

Last edited:

Back