General Motorsport Thread

Yes. Right now as much as I say it through gritted teeth Ash Sutton is an extraordinary talent within touring cars. His record this season and the last two seasons have been incredible. I am suspecting Seb Ogier is still a great driver in WRC. I seem to remember a driver called Johan Kristofferson in WRX whose still competing I think. Sportscar Racing I think there is lots of brilliant drivers that in a Fantasy Team you would have.
Le Mans, it's like one team will win and stick any crap driver in and still win

Le Mans, it's like one team will win and stick any crap driver in and still win

Bit harsh. I don't think any of the top LMH teams like Porsche Penske, Ferrari and TGR have crap drivers. Maybe once you get down the teams in that category you will find drivers aren't so brilliant. But I think that is the team. Glickenhaus was never expected to challenge for the top places. Neel Jani, Giamaria Bruni and Harry Tinknell are good drivers but it is just Proton Competition aren't a factory team (customer) and are new to the category having debuted at the last round in Monza on July 9 in the WEC as well as in the IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Weekend at Road America in the IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship on Aug 6. Peugeot are I think slowly getting there.

I did NOT expect that! I don't know how well it will go down with more hardened WEC fans as we have had F1 drivers before in the series like Fernando Alonso, Mark Webber and Nico Hulkenberg. But then they are all experienced older names. This is a rare time that a much younger F1 racer has decided to seek a guaranteed race seat in another discipline. I don't think this is as much of a gimmick as Webber or Alonso was (although both won Le Mans. Mark for Porsche and Fernando for Toyota). Part of me wants to believe this is just a young kid who just wants to go somewhere where he is certain to race. Where would you rather be? Bench warming for Arsenal, or starting every game for Millwall? I know if I was a 20 year old footballer with a new full time contract I would rather go out on a transfer to a smaller club where I am guaranteed to pull on a shirt than stay at a bigger club where I am not guaranteed to pull on a shirt.

But then we are seeing a lot of this. Young, raw racers choosing to go from junior single seat racing to endurance racing as soon as they graduate, where they know they will not be held back by the star names. There is more seats available in Ferrari's WEC team than their is in their F1 team.

Speaking of which. They will have another F1 driver in their ranks from 2024.

And we have other new exciting teams coming in like Lamborghini to compete alongside Ferrari and Porsche (And Aston Martin from 2025), BMW will be joining the growing list of new factory based teams. And Isotta Fraschini is also to debut from 2024.

Blimey!!

Maybe I was too young, but didn't know who was leading , which race was which and didn't have a feel of a race as I only saw the cars at one corner. I was taken my a Motorsport mad family. We went to donington. Loved rally cross at croft mind

Often divers will have subtle differences in their cars to their teammate(s). One will have a different coloured wing mirror or windscreen visor. Also drivers will have personal sponsors. In the last few years of his career Jason Plato had KX energy drink (he certainly had it on his car when he was driving for MG when they raced the MG6GT after the demise of SEAT from the series) and I think he was the one who brought Adrian Flux to Subaru when he raced the Levorg.

Amount of races. It’s certainly harder now because there is three races per meeting. Before it was a Sprint race and a final Feature race which was longer and included a mandatory pit stop.

It will eventually become clear though in time.

Some British Rally, and BTC definitely. Hopefully get to a couple of WRC events, I love them and it’s been a while. Portugal would be nice to attend.

That’s the only thing that really interests me enough in motorsports these days.

Mine are , and need help as I don't know where they are on.
Speedway - easy Berwick, maybe Edinburgh when Berwick play them.
Stock car f1 racing, need a big event so there is a decent field of cars.
Rallycross - croft I guess.
Rallying - would do a stadium type stage where you see more than a corner.
MotoX - maybe in indoor stadium track.

Think that's it.

Bulega wins on his WSBK debut but arguably the bigger story is Iannone finishing on the podium in his first competitive race since 2019 after his 4-year doping ban.

I'm looking to do BTC this year for the first time. Not paying 500 benk for a GA ticket to watch 'Mox' win in a silent, ugly, sterile car by 30 seconds.

Back