General Motorsport Thread

reading a reports of the accident, james fulton (co-driver) was unharmed in the accident - sounds like whatever become of craig its been a freek incident within the crash for him to succumb to injuries.

RIP
From that description you’d guess at a branch maybe, hope he didn’t suffer, no age that. He was 6th in the standings currently too! Absolutely awful.

From that description you’d guess at a branch maybe, hope he didn’t suffer, no age that. He was 6th in the standings currently too! Absolutely awful.

Looks like it was one of them fences made out of the round fence poles mate. Big chunky things.

As you say just awful.

Craig Breen has passed away after crashing his Hyundai in testing for Croatia.

Lovely bloke and fantastic driver. Such a shame.

Oh no. How incredibly tragic. I was a fan of the WRC and ERC once upon a time. Craig was one of the most synonymous with rallying that people from the British Isles have produced. If you thought of rally drivers that have come from either GB&NI or the ROI Colin McRae and Craig Breen are going to be very high on the list. He is going to be massively missed by everyone in rallying and motorsport.

The World Superbike championship this season looks like it could be about as one-sided and dominant a championship for Bautista as anything we've seen in motorsport history. Had one crash in the Indonesian sprint race but honestly wouldn't be surprised if he ends up winning every other race of the year.

Big smash at spa, identical crash to the one that claimed the life of stefan bellof in the 80s & in 2023 the driver walks away…

Say what you want about Sportscar racing and the fact it is a minor series because it doesn’t get the same broadcast coverage as F1, but the drivers and cars, with regard to technology and safety, are still incredible. A real testament to a brand new kid on the scene. The GTP/LMH cars are more than proving their worth. Theirs so many different kinds from so many kinds of manufacturers, with so many designs and so many drive trains. Yet they all are so super safe and super competitive. The future of sportscar racing is so bright.

WSBK is becoming even more of a competitive non-event than F1 this season. 14 wins out of 15 for Bautista and as long as he stays on the bike I can't see him dropping another point all season.

4 hours to go at Le Mans… Ferrari 4 second lead of the Toyota. Hopefully Ferrari bring this home better than their f1 siblings…

'kin 'ell... toyota look like they've thrown this away... ferrari endurance showing ferrari f1 what plan a looks like...

Last edited:
I see the NASCAR car won its class. Mind you, it was the only one in it...

Look at the size of it compared to the prototypes:

:eek: :cool:

I see the NASCAR car won its class. Mind you, it was the only one in it...

Look at the size of it compared to the prototypes:

:eek: :cool:
Logon or register to see this image

Cracking race like, enjoyed it immensely. Might gan next year (not as a driver like)

Say what you want about Sportscar racing and the fact it is a minor series because it doesn’t get the same broadcast coverage as F1, but the drivers and cars, with regard to technology and safety, are still incredible. A real testament to a brand new kid on the scene. The GTP/LMH cars are more than proving their worth. Theirs so many different kinds from so many kinds of manufacturers, with so many designs and so many drive trains. Yet they all are so super safe and super competitive. The future of sportscar racing is so bright.
I think more invitations make there way from here than F1 onto "normal" cars

How was your trip to Croft?

I watch a couple of races, the Legends and the final race.

Are drivers and riders the best in each racing catergory, F1 i would say no

Yes. Right now as much as I say it through gritted teeth Ash Sutton is an extraordinary talent within touring cars. His record this season and the last two seasons have been incredible. I am suspecting Seb Ogier is still a great driver in WRC. I seem to remember a driver called Johan Kristofferson in WRX whose still competing I think. Sportscar Racing I think there is lots of brilliant drivers that in a Fantasy Team you would have.

Back