Gavin & Stacey

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s harmless. People like it as it’s quite a warm show.

12.3m viewers last night. So dare say season 4 won’t be far away.

It was okay, watchable, but I probably had a false level of expectation and felt a bit underwhelmed by it. It felt like it drifted into drama with elements of comedy in it. Doris was a big miss, my favourite character in it.

Just been watching the news on BBC, they're wanking themselves silly about the viewing figures and how brilliant it was..... I must be truly missing out on something because it wasn't remotely funny,but each to there own I suppose.

Just been watching the news on BBC, they're wanking themselves silly about the viewing figures and how brilliant it was..... I must be truly missing out on something because it wasn't remotely funny,but each to there own I suppose.
Agreed. It's a load of old tosh. Quite a lot of social media outrage for it too about the original lyrics in fairytale of new York being in it.

I think it fair to say that if you've never seen it or not enjoyed it in the past you were never going to enjoy it last night no matter how good it may have been. A lot of it's down to comedic snobbery imo. Just cos you like Partridge, The office, league of gentlemen etc you cant be seen to be enjoying a prime time bbc1 easy watching comedy.

I think it fair to say that if you've never seen it or not enjoyed it in the past you were never going to enjoy it last night no matter how good it may have been. A lot of it's down to comedic snobbery imo. Just cos you like Partridge, The office, league of gentlemen etc you cant be seen to be enjoying a prime time bbc1 easy watching comedy.
How many out of 10 would you give last night’s compared to the previous Christmas specials?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back