Gavin & Stacey

I like James Corden (and love Gavin and Stacey) but I can understand folk not liking him - there's a quality there which I can see would turn some people off. Fair play, each to their own.

Mind, the fella saying that none of them can act or get any work :lol::lol::lol:

Corden, Jones and Brydon are never off the telly, whilst Alison Steadman is considered to be one of the best actresses going. Even the likes of Judy Davis, Adrian Scarborough and the fella who plays Dave Coaches all rock up in all sorts of stuff. An absolutely bizarre statement.

I like James Corden (and love Gavin and Stacey) but I can understand folk not liking him - there's a quality there which I can see would turn some people off. Fair play, each to their own.

Mind, the fella saying that none of them can act or get any work :lol::lol::lol:

Corden, Jones and Brydon are never off the telly, whilst Alison Steadman is considered to be one of the best actresses going. Even the likes of Judy Davis, Adrian Scarborough and the fella who plays Dave Coaches all rock up in all sorts of stuff. An absolutely bizarre statement.

Julia Davis is class. I loved Camping which she wrote and starred in.

I think it fair to say that if you've never seen it or not enjoyed it in the past you were never going to enjoy it last night no matter how good it may have been. A lot of it's down to comedic snobbery imo. Just cos you like Partridge, The office, league of gentlemen etc you cant be seen to be enjoying a prime time bbc1 easy watching comedy.
See I love those 3 (The Office is my favourite of all time) but Iove Gavin and Stacey as well. I thought it was decent, not as good as the previous Christmas special for example but still canny.

I think I watched the first and possibly second series's first time round, since then James Corden seems overexposed and just too smug/unlikable, not bothered with this Xmas one, not watched any TV over the festive period, might give that new Worzel Gummidge a go though.

Back