Gavin & Stacey

How many out of 10 would you give last night’s compared to the previous Christmas specials?

I really wouldn't like to say tbh. I'm struggling off the top of my head to remember other xmas specials :lol:

Thought it was interesting how they kept kids on the periphery and went with what they and the audience know best.

I only recently watched the entire thing around 6 months ago after my mrs persuaded me to give it a whirl. We blitzed the lot in around 10 days. Found it a excellent watch

I think it fair to say that if you've never seen it or not enjoyed it in the past you were never going to enjoy it last night no matter how good it may have been. A lot of it's down to comedic snobbery imo. Just cos you like Partridge, The office, league of gentlemen etc you cant be seen to be enjoying a prime time bbc1 easy watching comedy.

See my previous response on this thread. Theres this weird cult around Corden & that the lovers just struggle to grasp that he's an extremely marmite person who many just cant stand.

I loved it and it tied in well with the story of Gavin and Stacey ..... Lots of good jokes and referances to old stuff. I loved Smithy and Nessas relationship and whats not funny about Neil the baby !!!

Brilliant cant wait for next year

See my previous response on this thread. Theres this weird cult around Corden & that the lovers just struggle to grasp that he's an extremely marmite person who many just cant stand.

I can't see many Corden 'lovers' on here tbh. He's clearly a very talented bloke whose done well for himself and seems decent bloke to go with it to. Like many I find the 'hatred' of him baffling.

I can't see many Corden 'lovers' on here tbh. He's clearly a very talented bloke whose done well for himself and seems decent bloke to go with it to. Like many I find the 'hatred' of him baffling.

See, youre a cult member. You dont get it.
Must be something about folk called J Cor**n

Don't hate him. I just think he's not funny and generally crap.

I enjoyed it, not the best episode by a long way but had its moments, particularly when Bryn is on screen. As said, it's harmless fun. Also, the absolute clip of Phil on this thread man.

The mrs just put this. It’s on for 62 minutes. Fuck off.

Also after 5 minutes of watching it’s obvious why none of these people got acting work after this. Chronic.
Adrian Scarborough (Pete) was in Killing Eve and Alison Steadman (Pam) has been in loads of stuff for starters.

Thought it was decent me the Joint thing was a bit shoehorned in just to get the Dawn and Pete on

also fair play to them for f***ing the kids off to get wankered on Christmas Eve ... some babysitter to agree to work then

Just can't stand the bloke. Not sure what it is, everything about him, from how he looks, how he sounds, how he acts, everything. Hate him.

Obviously he's a very popular and wealthy chap so I'm in the minority but you couldn't pay me to watch his shite.

Back