Game of Thrones season 8

Yes but the Northern Kingdom is bordered by that git big wall.
The wall was built by the Starks though, so I assume it was called the North before the wall was there?

I think the North has become the new Manchester. It Being titled the North West has aggravated Cumbrians for years
I went to Uni with a lass from Hull, who insisted she was from the North East. :lol:

Any chance they'll release the original pilot episode or anything now it's done with? I'm sure a trailer from the first season had footage of the Mad King killing Ned's Brother in the throne room?

I've not bought the DVDs or blue ray's, I'd be interested in seeing this type of stuff though :lol:
Saw some of that on a "about GoT" shows. It was beyond terrible

Last edited:

Ok, I take some of that back. I didn't realise Westeros was the Continent. I thought it was the State formed by the union of the 7 Kingdoms.

Still, Westeros includes the lands beyond the wall, so its still daft calling it the north.

"George R. R. Martin has stated that the lands beyond the Wall make up a large part of Westeros"
So "The North" is pretty much "The North Midlands"
Sunderland is in the North East but not the North East of Britain.

The Children of the Forest were the first inhabitants of Westeros and then came the First Men. About 8,000 years later the Others moved down from the north of Westeros. The Children of the Forest and First Men built The Wall to keep the Others out. Next the Andals arrived and conquered all of Westeros as far as The Wall. Over time 7 kingdoms appeared - The North, The Iron Islands, The Vale, The Westerlands, The Stormlands, The Reach, and Dorne. The North was the furthest point north of Westeros as far as the Andals were concerned as the land north of The Wall was more or less the Badlands and uncivilised. So that's why it's called The North.

Sunderland is in the North East but not the North East of Britain.
Again, you're just agreeing with me really. We're in the North East quarter of England. A nation that we're part of.
That's why that makes sense.

Geographically, we're East Midlands of the landmass of which we're a part.

Westeros isn't just landmass, its an entire continent. There's basically an entire country north of "The North". They're 6.5/10 on the North/South scale of their continent.

After all that happened, Dany would surely have been on complete lock down and surrounded by guards at all times.
Don't let logic get in the way of a crap ending!

After 9 years building a story around the big plot twist of Jon not being a bastard, but actually being the rightful heir. Then... cut scene... not king. The end.
Ha ha - with the SUPER dramatic music during the flashback and all that nonsense. Bran going back in time to watch Ned Stark fighting it out with Arthur Deyne, etc!

There was two endings which leaked, one was the ending that happened and one was another ending that I presume was one of these false ones. I can’t remember exactly what happened but Tyrian died at trial, think Dany might have survived (unsure about that though) and ended as Queen.
Would have been a much better ending! Tyrion was absolutely useless for several seasons. His calls were all wrong, and they decide he is the man to leave in charge! The country will be ruined.

Last edited:

Ha ha - with the SUPER dramatic music during the flashback and all that nonsense. Bran going back in time to watch Ned Stark fighting it out with Arthur Deyne, etc!

Would have been a much better ending! Tyrion was absolutely useless for several seasons. His calls were all wrong, and they decide he is the man to leave in charge! The country will be ruined.
Aye, up until last week he was the one backing the Mad Queen who burned down King's Landing who he believed was the Realm's beat hope of peace. Not only is he the Hand of the King but they let him pick the next King.:lol:

Again, you're just agreeing with me really. We're in the North East quarter of England. A nation that we're part of.
That's why that makes sense.

Geographically, we're East Midlands of the landmass of which we're a part.

Westeros isn't just landmass, its an entire continent. There's basically an entire country north of "The North". They're 6.5/10 on the North/South scale of their continent.
:lol: Why the fuck are you arguing about this. It's called The North.

I went to Uni with a lass from Hull, who insisted she was from the North East. :lol:

She was winding you up. All my relatives from Hull will say 'Hull' (never Humberside), 'East Yorkshire' and maybe 'Yorkshire'. Never heard them say they were North Easterners.

But I used to wind people up when I lived in the NW. "how come, if you're 'northerners' it takes me 3 hours to drive north from here to see my Mam and the same amount of time to get to London?"*

* nobody ever challenged me on my geography or my driving speed either

U learn from experience

There was two endings which leaked, one was the ending that happened and one was another ending that I presume was one of these false ones. I can’t remember exactly what happened but Tyrian died at trial, think Dany might have survived (unsure about that though) and ended as Queen.
Same ending except tryion died

They never did explain Davos' accent. How come all the other Northerners have Yorkshire accents except him? Perhaps there is the mysterious island of Magland, a place where smugglers flourish and poor sportsmen are the toast of their kinsmen!

So we've established who's king of 6 kingdoms but I can't believe they didn't let us know what exactly Podrick did to those girls in the brothel!

They never did explain Davos' accent. How come all the other Northerners have Yorkshire accents except him? Perhaps there is the mysterious island of Magland, a place where smugglers flourish and poor sportsmen are the toast of their kinsmen!
I always assumed the actor was from the North East!

Last edited:
So Dothraki peaced out, unsullied went to naarth so will probably die from the butterflies, dragon went east and davios went back to his wife after not seeing her for 6 years to say his son died

Last edited:
He commited no crime he was the heir.

So it's ok for the sullied to murder a city and soldiers who surrendered but not for Jon to kill Danys?? Sorry but that's a huge flaw in the story for me.

Sansa wanted to be queen in season 1 and it cost her her dad's life what are you on about.
To be fair,at that stage she was a dictator and all that mattered was she was in charge of the Unsullied, Dothraki and Drogon.

Back