Game of Thrones season 8

If you're not part of the kingdom anymore, then you're not "the north".

That's like saying Scotland is "The North" of the UK.
But if Scotland left the UK, then it wouldn't be "The North" anymore, it would just be its own state.

As pointed out, the free folk called "The North", "The South".

Someone should tell South Africa, North Macedonia & Timor Leste

The North was it's own state. It was a constituent region of the Seven Kingdoms. It's called The North. Just as The Vale is The Vale. The Reach is The Reach. etc etc
That's just nonsense though. All those places have a proper name that means something. The North was just the north of the kingdom.

Now its just state between the wall and the 6 Kingdoms. A Midlands, if you will.

A lot of the disappointment is from people being underwhelmed, not by the ending but how it was played out. It was like doing a really good history report for school and realising it is 7:30pm and the match is on telly at 7:45pm so you rush the last few months of World War 2 and just say 'The Allies defeated the Nazi at D-Day and the Russians pushed the Nazi back from the Eastern front and won. Hitler killed himself and Germany surrendered. The End.'

After the sacking of King's Landing and Dany becoming Queen of the Seven Kingdoms, you could at least stretch the rest of the season by at least 3 episodes. But we went from Dany winning the battle to Jon killing her to Bran being named King and Sansa declaring the North independent in the space of 10mins.:lol:

I think the only people that are happy are the uber fans who don't criticise anything about the show.
Thing is, its all about how the pieces moved together and how everything was lined up.

Once everything was played out, actually turning the handle and getting the final answer was the "easy bit".

Someone should tell South Africa, North Macedonia & Timor Leste
South Africa - Its IN Africa. The Southern part.

"The North" was just the northern-most territory of the 7 kingdoms. There's stuff above it on the map.

North Macedonia is "North of Macedonia".
"North Westeros" would be fine. But its not, its just "The North". Which doesn't make sense anymore

Last edited:
:lol: It's fuckin' not man ya gonk.
North
Ok, I take some of that back. I didn't realise Westeros was the Continent. I thought it was the State formed by the union of the 7 Kingdoms.

Still, Westeros includes the lands beyond the wall, so its still daft calling it the north.

"George R. R. Martin has stated that the lands beyond the Wall make up a large part of Westeros"
So "The North" is pretty much "The North Midlands"

Last edited:
Ok, I take some of that back. I didn't realise Westeros was the Continent. I thought it was the State formed by the union of the 7 Kingdoms.

Still, Westeros includes the lands beyond the wall, so its still daft calling it the north.

"George R. R. Martin has stated that the lands beyond the Wall make up a large part of Westeros"
Yes but the Northern Kingdom is bordered by that git big wall.

I think the North has become the new Manchester. It Being titled the North West has aggravated Cumbrians for years

Any chance they'll release the original pilot episode or anything now it's done with? I'm sure a trailer from the first season had footage of the Mad King killing Ned's Brother in the throne room?

I've not bought the DVDs or blue ray's, I'd be interested in seeing this type of stuff though :lol:

Last edited:

Back