Game of Thrones season 8

What do they usually do like, go and get a top up? You do realise they're mythical creatures, don't you?
It removes any suspense if the dragons can breath fire almost constantly, for as long as they want.

The battle for Kings Landing showed 100x more fire than any stage previously. That one dragon could have burned the entire NK's army by that logic. Easily. And she had 2 at the time.

Yes, its a story. But it still has to try to be consistent from literally one episode to the one after next.

Jordan Pickford as well, fair play

Logon or register to see this image
:lol:

This is England's Goalkeeper

Last edited:
If nothing else then that episode was great for kicking back at the fanboys/girls who’ve idolised characters and still see the show as a straight good vs evil battle. After the death of Missandei it seemed like most of twitter were willing a massacre on. The episode turned that on its head and said: no, this is war, this is what it actually means. I mean, look, Daenerys is the Queen now! This is what we’ve all been waiting for since Ned died, right? Right? Yeah? Just like the Red Wedding, I thought it was Game of Thrones at its best, personally, for that reason if nothing else.

Plus people keep saying its become too predictable and yet no-one can agree on how it’s most likely to end…

Scenario 1. Daenerys isn’t going to relinquish anything easily given that she’s got the only remaining functioning army in Westeros. She has Jon executed but looks very sad about it all the same. Arya is trapped whilst trying to get to her is and imprisoned alongside Tyrion. The show ends with a flimsy ‘hope for the future’ sequence, maybe Bran with a direwolf puppy, or something.

Scenario 2. Daenerys is killed by Arya as she’s wearing the mask of the woman who saved her during the slaughter. The throne is given to Jon, who promptly abdicates without ever revealing his true personage. Thus the throne is handed down from Jon to Bran Stark, belatedly ‘winning’ Robb’s war.

Scenario 3. Daenerys is killed by Arya as she’s wearing the mask of the woman who saved her during the slaughter. Drogon in retaliation kills Arya and wipes out House Stark. Jon has the throne briefly but abdicates to go and live with Tormund, Brienne and Ghost. The show ends with Drogon alone in the throne room.

Scenario 4. Hot Pie’s mate Arry wakes him up and he discovers it was all a dream.

How does Arya wear the mask of that woman? Thought only those that die and taken to the hall of faces could be used by the faceless men.

Putting him in game of thrones is one of the most embarrassing decisions in human history
If you were looking for an inflection point at which the show began to jump the shark, look no further. I mean haway what was the point of shoe horning the pasty ginger twat with the shit eating grin into that? What did it add to the show? It’s not like the viewership was flagging.

If you were looking for an inflection point at which the show began to jump the shark, look no further. I mean haway what was the point of shoe horning the pasty ginger twat with the shit eating grin into that? What did it add to the show? It’s not like the viewership was flagging.
They said they done it as a surprise for Maxie Williams as he's amber favourite musician
Stupid idea

You know how come Bronn got his marching orders from Qyburn not Cersei herself? She and Bronn used to be shagging in real life but they fell out and can’t stand each other which caused so many in-set problems they can’t even be around each other any more so they are always kept separate.

You know how come Bronn got his marching orders from Qyburn not Cersei herself? She and Bronn used to be shagging in real life but they fell out and can’t stand each other which caused so many in-set problems they can’t even be around each other any more so they are always kept separate.

Apparently when they both found out they were cast in the same series they had it wrote into their contracts that they wouldn't do any scenes together

Reet, I'm back and caught up.

Bit of a crap ending for Jaime and Cersei I think - thought there would have been a lot more to it. Sad to see Varys and the Hound go - great characters.

Dany a goner for certain, and I can't see Jon making it through either.

All a bit rushed I think.

Almost thought Rhaegal was going to abandon her and fly back to Winterfell to be with Jon like - that woulda been a laugh.

Still not sure what to make of the fourth dragon in the title credits. Might it's head look a tad 'wolfy'?

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
I’m surprised people keep missing Rhaegal being killed off their lists of things that have contributed to Danaerys’ descent in to madness.

I think it’s been a running theme throughout the books and the tv series that motherhood and the bonds with offspring are important above all else.

Protection of her children and her devotion to them has been Cersei’s main motivation behind being a bit of a prick throughout. Catelyn Stark did a load of stupid things that exacerbated various situations and caused various shitstorms. The dragons are Danaeys’ children so them being killed is as bigger factor as any of the others behind her turning in my opinion.

Also, I didn’t think her madness was evidenced in the killing of innocents. It was instead when she stopped believing they were innocents and saw them as traitors instead. That view manifested more slowly so the ‘turn’ didn’t just happen at the flick of a switch in my opinion.

I’m surprised people keep missing Rhaegal being killed off their lists of things that have contributed to Danaerys’ descent in to madness.

I think it’s been a running theme throughout the books and the tv series that motherhood and the bonds with offspring are important above all else.

Protection of her children and her devotion to them has been Cersei’s main motivation behind being a bit of a prick throughout. Catelyn Stark did a load of stupid things that exacerbated various situations and caused various shitstorms. The dragons are Danaeys’ children so them being killed is as bigger factor as any of the others behind her turning in my opinion.

Also, I didn’t think her madness was evidenced in the killing of innocents. It was instead when she stopped believing they were innocents and saw them as traitors instead. That view manifested more slowly so the ‘turn’ didn’t just happen at the flick of a switch in my opinion.

She is the best of the lot of them. Calling her mad is a bit much.

Back