Game of Thrones season 8

Thought the damage that the dragon did was way over the top, a bit flame, destroying 12 foot thick castle walls.
Also, dragons have essentially infinite supplies of fire now?

So why not use that skill before? Like in the last battle, for example?

Surely Nymeria has to make a reappearance in the final episode?

She can’t just appear for that tiny scene in the forest and that’s it?

Maybe Dany tries to kill everyone who knows Jon’s secret and Nymeria protects Arya?
Nee chance.

We won’t see Ghost/Sam/Tormund/Brienne neither. Unless they do some kind of compilation at the end which briefly includes them all.

Jaime is the only thing that's annoyed me really. His story arc makes no sense- what was the point of the last 5 seasons? He spent year upon year gradually turning good then at the end just goes "na fuck it, I shouldn't have bothered."
Did he? Or was he always noble,but loved Cersei?

I did enjoy that episode more than the long night battle in the dark. I thought they added a lot more drama to it, especially the scene before Danny went crazy, where the shots where flipping between her and Cersi. You knew one of them was going to crack in some way, but not really sure which.

If nothing else then that episode was great for kicking back at the fanboys/girls who’ve idolised characters and still see the show as a straight good vs evil battle. After the death of Missandei it seemed like most of twitter were willing a massacre on. The episode turned that on its head and said: no, this is war, this is what it actually means. I mean, look, Daenerys is the Queen now! This is what we’ve all been waiting for since Ned died, right? Right? Yeah? Just like the Red Wedding, I thought it was Game of Thrones at its best, personally, for that reason if nothing else.

Plus people keep saying its become too predictable and yet no-one can agree on how it’s most likely to end…

Scenario 1. Daenerys isn’t going to relinquish anything easily given that she’s got the only remaining functioning army in Westeros. She has Jon executed but looks very sad about it all the same. Arya is trapped whilst trying to get to her is and imprisoned alongside Tyrion. The show ends with a flimsy ‘hope for the future’ sequence, maybe Bran with a direwolf puppy, or something.

Scenario 2. Daenerys is killed by Arya as she’s wearing the mask of the woman who saved her during the slaughter. The throne is given to Jon, who promptly abdicates without ever revealing his true personage. Thus the throne is handed down from Jon to Bran Stark, belatedly ‘winning’ Robb’s war.

Scenario 3. Daenerys is killed by Arya as she’s wearing the mask of the woman who saved her during the slaughter. Drogon in retaliation kills Arya and wipes out House Stark. Jon has the throne briefly but abdicates to go and live with Tormund, Brienne and Ghost. The show ends with Drogon alone in the throne room.

Scenario 4. Hot Pie’s mate Arry wakes him up and he discovers it was all a dream.

Back