Game of Thrones season 8

I contrast to a lot of views, I think what they did with Drogon was quite cleverly written. They’ve been making out that the dragons are these super weapons for years now, and now we finally see that they actually are. The one that got killed was ambushed, and given a bit of practice they are pretty good at dodging the arrows. The whole Golden Company thing was that they were super soldiers, but they were frazzled in seconds when up against a dragon. Turns out you can win a war with air power alone after all.

yep, that dragon was outstanding, was very well done.

I contrast to a lot of views, I think what they did with Drogon was quite cleverly written. They’ve been making out that the dragons are these super weapons for years now, and now we finally see that they actually are. The one that got killed was ambushed, and given a bit of practice they are pretty good at dodging the arrows. The whole Golden Company thing was that they were super soldiers, but they were frazzled in seconds when up against a dragon. Turns out you can win a war with air power alone after all.
Despite having the visual advantage :lol:

It was just flying along shooting the breeze. Probably thinking about what it was having for tea.

If you watch the behind the scenes show that goes along with the main series the writer’s reason for why that scene happens is because Daenerys forgot about the Iron Fleet. I kid you not.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Dragon Queen has obliterated Cersei, it was fantastic. You need to give your head a shake.

As a viewer I couldn't give a shite what happens now, I've completely lost all love for all the characters now.

They've fit half the story in one series. I'm not a great fan of multiple series as you begin to lose interest. The secret is to end it by making the viewers want more. It's why Fawlty Towers, The Office and Porridge were so great as they only did a dozen shows. Game of Thrones is just silly now IMO.

As a viewer I couldn't give a shite what happens now, I've completely lost all love for all the characters now.

They've fit half the story in one series. I'm not a great fan of multiple series as you begin to lose interest. The secret is to end it by making the viewers want more. It's why Fawlty Towers, The Office and Porridge were so great as they only did a dozen shows. Game of Thrones is just silly now IMO.

Thats a fair point, they could have done with stringing it out more. I'll agree with you on that much.

If you watch the behind the scenes show that goes along with the main series the writer’s reason for why that scene happens is because Daenerys forgot about the Iron Fleet. I kid you not.
As soon as it overtook the books the writing has been atrocious. Turns out these guys are excellent at adapting books, awful at story writing.

That last episode has got to be one of the most unsatisfactory bits of TV ever. Totally out of character for Jamie, Danaerys and Grey Worm. What a waste.

mad queen? :eek::eek::eek:
The one who has spent 7 series harping on about protecting the weak who then just massacred a whole city.

Last edited:
A fuck load to tie up now in one episode. But I enjoyed that in the main. Pretty dark stuff and nothing like what anyone predicted. Though some character endings were pretty shit i.e. Cersei and Jaime. Quyburns was funny mind. In a brain splattering way.
Bit ungrateful on the part of the Mountain I thought like considering what Qyburn did for him but there you go. Some people are just selfish!

Dont be silly now, Cersei had her chance to surrender and decided to kill her confidant and warriors missus in front of her face.
When the dragons killed one child in an earlier series she was distraught. Yet now doesn't she give a shite that she's just killed thousands?

If it was all about Cercei why not just go straight to the red keep once the armies and all that were sorted out?

Back