Gambling with our club

The future of the club is in the hands of someone who is not fit for purpose imo.
I am not talking about the manager here. He may surprise us all and reinvigorate the underperforming members of the squad, but if he does it will be no thanks to our owner.
Austerity cuts will be deeper next year if we are still in L1
Does this shit keep you up at night?

Err with most of it’s debts paid off by the previous owner. Short said there were other people interested but SD says he, Short, thought they would take the club forward. It is looking like another poor footballing decision by Short, allowing this serial failure to get Eastleigh promoted to run our club.

Tbf, even though Short wiped much of the debt; SD had to try and sort out a club that was losing 20m+ a season. In addition, he had to turnaround a club that was basically mothballed under Bain.

Tbf, even though Short wiped much of the debt; SD had to try and sort out a club that was losing 20m+ a season. In addition, he had to turnaround a club that was basically mothballed under Bain.

Cutting costs is easy it just requires a thick skin. Building a successful entity in any business requires a bit of vision, not employing old failures who are mates (Hill). SD record at Eastleigh suggests he won’t get us out of this division.

Phil Parkinson got Colchester into the Championship. If appointing the former Colchester manager who got Colchester into the Championship is seen as a huge gamble that must mean we have less potential than Colchester. In which case getting Phil Parkinson on board is a coup.

Finally convinced myself this is a good move so off to bed.

Cutting costs is easy it just requires a thick skin. Building a successful entity in any business requires a bit of vision, not employing old failures who are mates (Hill). SD record at Eastleigh suggests he won’t get us out of this division.
If it ever comes out that the don was the logjam to the takeover, donald will need the hide of a armadillo with the added protection of chobham armour to protect him from the verbal onslaught!
We were a club in L1. We weren't a L1 club
Subtle but true!we are now deffo a league one club,with league one players, and a league one manager and non league board ,with champions league support!

Last edited:
This dog shit argument that Parkinson could get us promoted and then because we’re in the dreaded Championship, he suddenly forgets how to manage, needs putting in front of a firing squad. Just because a manager hasn’t made the grade in a certain league with a smaller club, doesn’t mean he can’t produce the goods with a better platform.

Piss farting about MON doing the deed at Villa and coming here and making us look like we didn’t know how to play football. Our best finish since Reid was under the manager now labelled a joke because he’s at the mags.

Southgate, “not good enough for Boro”, giving us great times as England boss.

The future of the club is in the hands of someone who is not fit for purpose imo.
I am not talking about the manager here. He may surprise us all and reinvigorate the underperforming members of the squad, but if he does it will be no thanks to our owner.
Austerity cuts will be deeper next year if we are still in L1

what’s the gamble. Very clear and calculated decisions with set outcomes made every step of the way. The fans wanted ‘live within our means’ this is it. Can’t change your mind once you have burned your house down sadly. Some of us begged to not go down this road now we are here the only thing we can do is clap along and take refuge in beating Accrington.

what’s the gamble. Very clear and calculated decisions with set outcomes made every step of the way. The fans wanted ‘live within our means’ this is it. Can’t change your mind once you have burned your house down sadly. Some of us begged to not go down this road now we are here the only thing we can do is clap along and take refuge in beating Accrington.
I would like to think that the appointment of Parkinson was based on football reasons and not purely finances. Was he really the best person for the job or was he the cheapest option? The nagging feeling is he was the cheapest option. As I said he may pleasantly surprise me and many others and be just what the club needs to get us out of the current hell hole we are in and establish us in the Championship ready for the next stage. Only time will tell.
I also think the current owners have not been completely transparent with the club's finances and many statements have been, in my opinion, deliberately misleading.
At best we will be in the Championship without the benefit of any parachute payments and owners who can't provide the finances. Their planning was all about the short term and a quick profit for themselves otherwise they would be seeking investors and all the new money would go into the club, which doesn't appear to be the case.
They are selling most, if not all of their shares and none of that money will benefit the club. It will benefit them personally.

Cattermole had 2 years left on his deal, this lad is trying to claim we're spreading the one year remaining over 2 years, are we sure that's right?

What parachute money? It
Most of the claims of him misleading the club come as a result of unsubstantiated rumours and allegations. I'm not sure how him not being able to fund an attack on the Championship means he is not in it for the long haul. He has said that he is seeking further investment in the club to allow for a proper go at the Championship.

I feel bad for the fella, I really do. He saved the club from going to the wall and for the most part gets nothing but idiots yelling abuse at him on Twitter about shit they know nothing about.
🤣 if you take your blindfold off you may also see the facts right in front of your eyes

Back