Gambling with our club

L1lyBrown

Striker
The future of the club is in the hands of someone who is not fit for purpose imo.
I am not talking about the manager here. He may surprise us all and reinvigorate the underperforming members of the squad, but if he does it will be no thanks to our owner.
Austerity cuts will be deeper next year if we are still in L1

The future of the club is in the hands of someone who is not fit for purpose imo.
I am not talking about the manager here. He may surprise us all and reinvigorate the underperforming members of the squad, but if he does it will be no thanks to our owner.
Austerity cuts will be deeper next year if we are still in L1
With no parachute payments and still paying Cattermole £20k a week, Oviedo similar and a massive wage bill for league one the future is definitely bleak without a takeover or massive investment! They have gambled 100%

With no parachute payments and still paying Cattermole £20k a week, Oviedo similar and a massive wage bill for league one the future is definitely bleak without a takeover or massive investment! They have gambled 100%

They still have those liabilities on players who left the club? If it was so bad could Donald afford to sack Ross given the compensation?

Eh, that makes no sense. Ross wasn't doing it so the chairman sacked him and brought a new manager in. If the new manager gets us up Donald deserves no praise at all ? I'm totally baffled.

90% of managers would get us promoted. The new manager will have a bigger role than to just get us promoted this season and that’s it. Do you really believe he’d cut it next season in the championship?

It would be despite our owner not because of him. As each day passes it has become more and more evident that he is in way above his head.
What a load of shit. Is it not the owner who's appointed the new manager ? Surely that decision alone is because of him. So if Parkinson fails and we don't go up this season no criticism will go towards Donald either ?

They still have those liabilities on players who left the club? If it was so bad could Donald afford to sack Ross given the compensation?
100% we are paying Cattermole and Oviedo next season, basically Cattermole’s contract was spread over 2 years rather than just this season, so instead of £40k this it’s half this half next! Same with Oviedo!

90% of managers would get us promoted. The new manager will have a bigger role than to just get us promoted this season and that’s it. Do you really believe he’d cut it next season in the championship?
That question is absolutely nothing to do with anything I've said. I said I'm baffled how Donald can sack a manager, appoint a new one and people are saying if we go up he deserves no praise at all. Like I've just asked the other poster, if we don't go up does this mean Donald is immune from criticism ?

What a load of shit. Is it not the owner who's appointed the new manager ? Surely that decision alone is because of him. So if Parkinson fails and we don't go up this season no criticism will go towards Donald either ?
You have to ask the question why he was appointed in the first place. Does Donald see him as the ideal man to take the club forward or does he see him as the cheapest alternative with the hope it might turn out alright?
The salary and length of contract suggests it is the latter.

Back