Gambling with our club

Simple thing is that it’s not our club. It belongs to Stewart Donald and Charlie Methven and they can do what the hell they want.
OK that's fine. So if they decide to asset strip the club or sell the AoL to property developers or sell the SoL and we have to ground share at Gateshead Stadium you'll be fine with that because it's their club?

Grigg didn’t score goals under Ross yet was scoring for fun under all other managers. Spot the common denominator

Who’s got a better squad than us in this league?

Just coincidence then that two of the most fluent strikers in recent league one history both can’t score goals under Ross then?

:lol: Wyke had one decent season at Bradford, he's no where near a top striker in this league. I mean it's obvious just watching him play, I still can't work out what our scouts (lol) saw in him.

The future of the club is in the hands of someone who is not fit for purpose imo.
I am not talking about the manager here. He may surprise us all and reinvigorate the underperforming members of the squad, but if he does it will be no thanks to our owner.
Austerity cuts will be deeper next year if we are still in L1
Every managerial appointment is a gamble so is every transfer if if it works then you have to say it was a good bet if it fails (in the words of a certain ex manager) you dust yourself down and go again till you either bust and let someone else have a go or you get it right.

The future of the club is in the hands of someone who is not fit for purpose imo.
I am not talking about the manager here. He may surprise us all and reinvigorate the underperforming members of the squad, but if he does it will be no thanks to our owner.
Austerity cuts will be deeper next year if we are still in L1
Do you mean SD and CM...

You used to say the same about the SHort era, and how we wouldn't be relegated. We are now in the 3rd tier for a second season in a row.

biggest defender of the club on here, you can’t say anything negative coz he’s straight on you with his rose tinted specs. I bet he believed the shit the Iraqi Information Minister came out with in the early 00’s as well.

You used to say the same about the SHort era, and how we wouldn't be relegated. We are now in the 3rd tier for a second season in a row.
I said a few years before short left that he should of sold up, but people on here just seem to think you just have to click your fingers to sell a club !! We are in the 3rd tier that’s not Donald’s fault, he has sorted a load of shit out at the club . Not many were having a go at him until this dell thing came out when everyone got carried thinking we were going to be this mega rich club, not he is just getting a load of abuse for nothing
Neither does Stewart Donald. At least the OP knows his limits.
He does know how to run a club

I said a few years before short left that he should of sold up, but people on here just seem to think you just have to click your fingers to sell a club !! We are in the 3rd tier that’s not Donald’s fault, he has sorted a load of shit out at the club . Not many were having a go at him until this dell thing came out when everyone got carried thinking we were going to be this mega rich club, not he is just getting a load of abuse for nothing

Does he? What proof is there of this? Recruitment has been poor and the man he appointed to see over Football Operation has failed as a manager, coach, technical director and DoF. We only have one scout and he was sacked by Aston Villa. Our academy is losing any decent young players and performances have been terrible, there doesn't seem to be any players developing or looking good enough for the first team squad. The whole footballing department is a shambles. We have no saleable assets, an over bloated squad, a high wage bill and an aging squad.

Short could have just employed better people, but then you defended those people anyway.

Plenty of people have criticised the football side of things before this dell thing came out.

Short could have just employed better people, but then you defended those people anyway.

Plenty of people have criticised the football side of things before this dell thing came out.
Not many were having a go, I didn’t defend them at all I said short employed the wrong people to look after the club

Does he? What proof is there of this? Recruitment has been poor and the man he appointed to see over Football Operation has failed as a manager, coach, technical director and DoF. We only have one scout and he was sacked by Aston Villa. Our academy is losing any decent young players and performances have been terrible, there doesn't seem to be any players developing or looking good enough for the first team squad. The whole footballing department is a shambles. We have no saleable assets, an over bloated squad, a high wage bill and an aging squad.
He has reduced the wage bill massively for a start, so that point is rubbish. We have saleable assets, the academy losing players was down to previous regime.

Thought they were 'custodians'
I think that's a patronising term that owners use to endear us to them. We've been very lucky to have owners in recent years who genuinely cared for the club. I think the current ones are in it to make money. I can't blame them for that but I do wish they'd stop dressing up the financial shenanigans as being best for the club. In reality I don't think they give two hoots unlike Quinny and Bob Murray. To Ellis Short it was a plaything that went wrong but at least he had the honour an decency to sort out his mess.

Back