Full normality in May

Status
Not open for further replies.
Optimistic to get all over 50’s done by then, but might be achievable IF they resolve supply issues soon. Would be nice to see it done, fingers crossed

Optimistic to get all over 50’s done by then, but might be achievable IF they resolve supply issues soon. Would be nice to see it done, fingers crossed
The governments own words are "Over 50s to be offered the vaccine by May", no mention of how long they expect it to take for everyone to actually be vaccinated.

Reactions: Gaz

25million people over the age of 50 (in 2019 census)

10.9 million done already. say 300k per day at least, thats 20 million done by first week of march. some days getting nearly 500k. by end of march 30million people should have had at least one vaccine. thats the most vulnerable 50% of the country, and pretty much the whole age range of deaths.

its looking 'good' for the first time in ages
The masks are here to stay sadly. I hope I'm wrong

the second that its not compulsory, mine is off. same goes for 90% of people i know

I've been a "lockdown sceptic" the whole way, but for me this absolutely 1000% must be the last lockdown...so if it needs to run to June to put the last nail in the coffin of it ever happening again, so be it. I wouldn't agree of course, but this can never happen again so I am prepared to wait it out a little longer than what I may have said a few weeks or months ago.

The vaccine roll out, summer months and constant new vaccines coming on stream...let's not open and shut again. Open ASAP but if it needs to be June without ever looking back, fine.

I’m starting to fear the worst again like. Tried to be ultra-optimistic last few weeks, and always done with a great degree of rationality behind it, but clearly there’s huge agitation amongst SAGE and their affiliates to drag this out as long as possible. Perhaps my ultra-pessimistic predictions of indefinite ban on gatherings over winter, permanent state of waiting to be told when to hide behind the sofa again as there’s a local spike etc. will end up being close to reality.
I've been a "lockdown sceptic" the whole way, but for me this absolutely 1000% must be the last lockdown...so if it needs to run to June to put the last nail in the coffin of it ever happening again, so be it. I wouldn't agree of course, but this can never happen again so I am prepared to wait it out a little longer than what I may have said a few weeks or months ago.

The vaccine roll out, summer months and constant new vaccines coming on stream...let's not open and shut again. Open ASAP but if it needs to be June without ever looking back, fine.
In June the line would then become ‘we need too think about winter which isn’t that far away’, we will know in 3-4 weeks time how realistic our lives ever getting back to normal is IMO.

Last edited:
I’m starting to fear the worst again like. Tried to be ultra-optimistic last few weeks, and always done with a great degree of rationality behind it, but clearly there’s huge agitation amongst SAGE and their affiliates to drag this out as long as possible. Perhaps my ultra-pessimistic predictions of indefinite ban on gatherings over winter, permanent state of waiting to be told when to hide behind the sofa again as there’s a local spike etc. will end up being close to reality.

In June the line would then become ‘we need too think about winter which isn’t that far away’, we will know in 3-4 weeks time how realistic our lives ever getting back to normal is IMO.
I bloody hate that even in normal times. “Ooh before you know it it will be Christmas” in f***ing July

The mail online main story is on about pubs potentially being open in April but no alcohol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back