Freezing mcgeady out and no interest in maddison

I doubt it will ever be enjoyable. Teams at this level are just utter shithouses. Watched several teams employ time wasting from the first minute at the stadium of light, jumped up little shits acting like they've just scored the winner against their old enemy, away fans enjoying their big day out by being utter bellends, referees ruining game after game at the SoL and the quality of the football is appalling. It was a novelty at first and we went into it with some good humour but fuck me I can't wait to see the back of it. Very few clubs that I've got time for at this level after experiencing them.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Hate absolutely everything about this league.

Parkinson clearly wants a good team spirit and doesn’t want people with egos and bad attitudes which to an extent is fair enough and the side picked up form when mcgeady was loaned out. But surely is parkinson was a good manager he should be able to manage players like that with different personalities etc?? Big sam was brilliant at it. If we had mcgeady and maddison we would take some stopping but it seems we won’t have either playing for us. Bit frustrating.
He managed Maguire well and got an improvement in his performances.

The improvement in form was very short lived. It concerns me more that Parkinson is unable to handle these types of players. He should have made amends with McGeady and he should be in contention to play this coming season. Maddison should have been a priority target.
One bad egg in the dressing room is bad enough , but two ? Glad we look like dodging both well documented bullets.

Thats not true. In fact it's miles from the truth. He keeps himself in great nick.

Day before Di Canio was appointed him, Johnson, Kilgallon probably some others were out on the drink in Scotland. This is from Kilgallon so don't know how true it is. Was suggested that knowing Di Canios reputation that they head back to the North East on the Sunday rather than having the day sesh they had planned so they'd be alright for Di Canio's first meeting on the Monday.

Soon as they get on the train Johnson and Graham start ordering Heinekens, then turn up to the club the next day still pissed, Johnson fell asleep in the meeting. Apparently their attitude was 'we planned a Sunday session so we're having one'

Might have changed his ways but if that's how we was acting while we scrapped for points at the wrong end of the table then aye sounds professional as fuck mate.

Day before Di Canio was appointed him, Johnson, Kilgallon probably some others were out on the drink in Scotland. This is from Kilgallon so don't know how true it is. Was suggested that knowing Di Canios reputation that they head back to the North East on the Sunday rather than having the day sesh they had planned so they'd be alright for Di Canio's first meeting on the Monday.

Soon as they get on the train Johnson and Graham start ordering Heinekens, then turn up to the club the next day still pissed, Johnson fell asleep in the meeting. Apparently their attitude was 'we planned a Sunday session so we're having one'

Might have changed his ways but if that's how we was acting while we scrapped for points at the wrong end of the table then aye sounds professional as fuck mate.
Yes he has changed. It can and has happened

There was obviously a problem with McGeady and we improved as a team when he was dropped and shipped out,
Couldn't give a shiny shìte if he's our best player.
Broken foot or not, if players aren't pulling together for the team they need shifting.

Players who are capable of playing at the top end of the 3rd division who are too good for us in their opinion says more about our owners and level of management ambitions than anything else.

For McGeady, read Pitman at Pompey.

Luxury player, doesn’t run around a lot. Has more class and awareness in his feet than the others put together. Pitman also gave off a moany whingy attitude all the time so can see a similar pattern emerging.

Of our last 3 years in this league
1st - Best striker in the league. Think Marriott pipped him by one or two to the golden boot, but Pitman was an absolute one man band carrying a promoted team in transition to 8th place.

2nd - All of a sudden not fancied. Hawkins got picked over him for his team play. Came in and slightly reinvented himself a bit towards the tail end of the season as a number 10, and showed glimpses of quality in games v Wycombe and Coventry, but we were nowhere near as good as we were in the 1st half of the season when he was out of the team.

3rd - Played a handful of games when we were at our absolute worst in September/early October and truthfully looked finished. Didn’t play a minute this calendar year and was training with Bournemouth U23’s, and KJ occasionally rung him on the Thurs or Fri to say we need him to sit on the bench.

Like it or not, that’s what will happen with McGeady. That, or he gets a move to Scotland.

But surely is parkinson was a good manager he should be able to manage players like that with different personalities etc?? Big sam was brilliant at it. If we had mcgeady and maddison we would take some stopping but it seems we won’t have either playing for us. Bit frustrating.

Big Sam was brilliant at it but, on the other hand, if you asked people on here which managers from our Premier League years they'd want back, aside from Sam, the top 3 would be Keane, di Canio and Reid (not necessarily in that order). All of them either alienated players or froze them out at one time or another. Keane signed difficult personalities (Diouf, Chimbonda, Cisse, to a degree) and then spat his dummy out when they didn't become model pros after 3 months working with him.

With regard to Maddison and McGeady, if we had both and played them, that would leave both Maguire and Gooch on the bench and they were basically our attacking threat last season.

Its worrying that the season starts in four weeks and we made one new signing ffs . PP needs to sort out his squad asap or its going to be the same crap start we really don't need. Talk about needing five signings well get them in ? While McGeadys still on our squad and still a talented player he should be either motivated or moved on. We cant afford to mess about on either score. last season we weren't good enough so lets step up a gear.

Its worrying that the season starts in four weeks and we made one new signing ffs . PP needs to sort out his squad asap or its going to be the same crap start we really don't need. Talk about needing five signings well get them in ? While McGeadys still on our squad and still a talented player he should be either motivated or moved on. We cant afford to mess about on either score. last season we weren't good enough so lets step up a gear.
Two. We have signed a loanee who had returned to his parent club on a permanent basis too.

I doubt it will ever be enjoyable. Teams at this level are just utter shithouses. Watched several teams employ time wasting from the first minute at the stadium of light, jumped up little shits acting like they've just scored the winner against their old enemy, away fans enjoying their big day out by being utter bellends, referees ruining game after game at the SoL and the quality of the football is appalling. It was a novelty at first and we went into it with some good humour but fuck me I can't wait to see the back of it. Very few clubs that I've got time for at this level after experiencing them.
This, it’s absolutey f***ing shite. Was a good laugh for a few months but since that has worn off the football is utter turgid and the supposed benefits of the lower leagues of less cheating and more 100% players you can relate to is drivel. Like you say Most teams against us are diving all over trying to get our players sent off and wasting time from the first kick of the match.

Yes he's like that now and, obviously, people can't change. I know from my own eyes he's a fit as a fiddle and really looks after himself
Is this your new man crush? The fat **** took the piss and squeezed every last penny he could out of us. He's now years older and probably still just as big as a knob head first time around.

No goals or assists at Charlton if you use that as a measure.
Adam Matthews even got a couple of MoMs.

Poor man management if you can not handle 1 difficult player in a 22 man squad.

McGeady was very poor for us, he put in one decent cross and hit the post that was it. Matthews was excellent and became our most consistent performer.

Is this your new man crush? The fat **** took the piss and squeezed every last penny he could out of us. He's now years older and probably still just as big as a knob head first time around.
No. He's not fat and has really looked after himself over recent years. I'm sorry if you fail to accept people can change.
McGeady was very poor for us, he put in one decent cross and hit the post that was it. Matthews was excellent and became our most consistent performer.
He was our best right back when he was here and if he were to come back he'd be our best right back

Last edited:

Back