Freezing mcgeady out and no interest in maddison

If we could fit them both in the team we should.

Nothing the matter with team spirit and hard graft but you’ve got to mix it up with different skill sets and qualities. No point having a load of blokes who give their all but are shite on the ball in the same way no point having a team full of fancy dans.
Thing is marra i dont think you could fit them in together imo,and looks like we wont shift Mcgeady so he will have to be played

That's what the SMB loves though. Some people still defend Wyke man..

Maddison has a tattoo so is an arsehole and trouble maker
It’s utterly ridiculous like. About 10 years of absolutely shocking recruitment but we still get “give the lad a chance”. You can count on one hand the amount of times the fan base has been wrong about a signing in that period.

It’s not the 1950s where there was no global coverage or statistical databases. We’re far better informed about incoming players than ever. Even that random centre back from Swiss league was getting watched the other day by people on here.

Parkinson clearly wants a good team spirit and doesn’t want people with egos and bad attitudes which to an extent is fair enough and the side picked up form when mcgeady was loaned out. But surely is parkinson was a good manager he should be able to manage players like that with different personalities etc?? Big sam was brilliant at it. If we had mcgeady and maddison we would take some stopping but it seems we won’t have either playing for us. Bit frustrating.
PP is not a good manager. He's a clown, who cost us promotion last season. How he is still in the job? god only knows!

Parkinson clearly wants a good team spirit and doesn’t want people with egos and bad attitudes which to an extent is fair enough and the side picked up form when mcgeady was loaned out. But surely is parkinson was a good manager he should be able to manage players like that with different personalities etc?? Big sam was brilliant at it. If we had mcgeady and maddison we would take some stopping but it seems we won’t have either playing for us. Bit frustrating.

Yes then PP led us to our worst ever league finish. We defo need more quality which includes McGeady and Maddison if we can get him the knars

Referring to League One as tinpot comparing to where you once were in the PL I can understand but there is some talent in this league without doubt and so many players give 100% every game.
Football is in a complete mess right now, as is the World.
The sooner we get back to watching football live and back to some normality then I am sure the bitter disappointment of being in League One will be accepted and the battle of getting out of it may actually be enjoyable providing you are one of the clubs challenging.
Every Supporter at every Club is not exactly enjoying this current state.

Last edited:
Referring to League One as tinpot comparing to where you once were in the PL I can understand but there is some talent in this league without doubt and so many players give 100% every game.
Football is in a complete mess right now, as is the World.
The sooner we get back to watching football live and back to some normality then I am sure the bitter disappointment of being in League One will be accepted and the battle of getting out of it may actually be enjoyable providing you are one of the clubs challenging.
Every Supporter at every Club is not exactly enjoying this current state.
I doubt it will ever be enjoyable. Teams at this level are just utter shithouses. Watched several teams employ time wasting from the first minute at the stadium of light, jumped up little shits acting like they've just scored the winner against their old enemy, away fans enjoying their big day out by being utter bellends, referees ruining game after game at the SoL and the quality of the football is appalling. It was a novelty at first and we went into it with some good humour but fuck me I can't wait to see the back of it. Very few clubs that I've got time for at this level after experiencing them.

It surely isn't a coincidence McGeady ended up being a bit of a journeyman? All the talent in the world and yet has never settled anywhere completely. He was undoubtedly our best player under Ross in his first season in charge and I truly believe had he not have got injured he would have contributed enough to take us up.

Last season despite the stats he was at times a bit of a passenger and didn't fit PP system, seemingly his ego probably told PP to do one and other things were obviously going on that we will never be privy to.

However, this happens to the best managers in the world and they make decisions based on the good of the team and I can see, even with my McGeady is our most talented players eyes, that once he was shipped out we started to pick up form and found a system that allowed Gooch and Maguire to shine. The stats may say he was our 3rd top scorer but then that may have taken away half of both Goochs' and Maguires goals.

To call Parkie weak and not being able to handle players on the back of it is a bit daft in my opinion, if anything it shows that he is quite a strong manager who has strong beliefs in what he is doing, he is by no means our greatest manager but all managers make decisions like this and it has nothing to do with not knowing how to handle these players, some players just don't fit with that particular managers style of play or have the values they are after.

At what cost? He was our best player by a country mile the previous season because our only tactic as a team was to give him the ball. It suited McGeady and it wasn't good enough to get us up. He started the next season poorly with the same tactics and the team was worse. Hes now older, will be 35 this year and hes definitely not someone we should be building our team around.
You’re taking the conversation in a totally different direction here and in doing so implying a new context on what I said.

The conversation went: McGeady had a bad attitude > no he didn’t he even played with a broken foot > but he went to Burger King > I don’t care he performed well and wasn’t out of shape.

You’re now talking about whether or not he should play in the current squad 2 years later, and saying it would be a bad tactical decision implying I think he should be in the first team and we should carry on trying to play everything through McGready. Can you see how that doesn’t quite align with the narrative of the rest of the conversation?

Whether we like it or not mcgeady is on championship wages and has to go.
Mcgeady can sit tight and see out his contract with us or lower his demands to join another club, what would you do in his position? As for Maddison, the problem seems to go back years why he will not be signed up for Sunderland. There are people still at the club who know all about him and for me will scupper any deal.

You’re taking the conversation in a totally different direction here and in doing so implying a new context on what I said.

The conversation went: McGeady had a bad attitude > no he didn’t he even played with a broken foot > but he went to Burger King > I don’t care he performed well and wasn’t out of shape.

You’re now talking about whether or not he should play in the current squad 2 years later, and saying it would be a bad tactical decision implying I think he should be in the first team and we should carry on trying to play everything through McGready. Can you see how that doesn’t quite align with the narrative of the rest of the conversation?

Not really - the essence of the thread from the opening post is a criticism of the current manager that we wont be playing Maddison or McGeady next year and how good we would be if we did.

Your input to the conversation was that you didn't care if he goes to McDonalds he was our best player by a country mile. I felt your post supported the narrative of the opening post and responded as such. Firstly at the time he went to McDonalds we wasn't our best player by a mile he was playing awfully and secondly hes a nearly 35 year old that I dont believe we should be hanging our hat on now which the opening post, which set the tone for the thread implies.

I doubt it will ever be enjoyable. Teams at this level are just utter shithouses. Watched several teams employ time wasting from the first minute at the stadium of light, jumped up little shits acting like they've just scored the winner against their old enemy, away fans enjoying their big day out by being utter bellends, referees ruining game after game at the SoL and the quality of the football is appalling. It was a novelty at first and we went into it with some good humour but fuck me I can't wait to see the back of it. Very few clubs that I've got time for at this level after experiencing them.

Probably not helped though by the time spent down in League One.
Should have enough resources to get out of it but no given right. Can’t see you staying down for long.

How? He would easily have been our top scorer had he played the full season

The fact that our right back scored only two goals less than our top scoring striker tells you everything you need to know.
Not really - the essence of the thread from the opening post is a criticism of the current manager that we wont be playing Maddison or McGeady next year and how good we would be if we did.

Your input to the conversation was that you didn't care if he goes to McDonalds he was our best player by a country mile. I felt your post supported the narrative of the opening post and responded as such. Firstly at the time he went to McDonalds we wasn't our best player by a mile he was playing awfully and secondly hes a nearly 35 year old that I dont believe we should be hanging our hat on now which the opening post, which set the tone for the thread implies.
No I had only said McGeady didn’t have a bad attitude, and if his performances are good i dont care that he eats fast food.

Summed up perfectly.

Back