Free car insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bought a new car last year went to change insurance but existing co wanted silly money so cancelled got refund and took out new policy with different company, went to pay with my debit card and would not go thro for some reason,my mate who was with me offered his card and I transferred the moneys to him. Fast forward 12 months and my insurance auto renewed to his card, he rang me and told me he’d informed his bank to cancel payment as it was unauthorised, they told him the payment may still come out but they’d refund him, which is what happened. So I call my insurance to make payment and they inform me payment has been collected and I’m fully covered. This is over a week ago my mate has his money back and I’m still insured. Have I got lucky or am I going to Durham to be big Shirley’s new bitch?

I would check regularly mate. Ask them to double check and just state there was an issue with payment. Dont tell you didnt pay like.
Just issue is they will cancel and a lot of insurance dont notify or email goes to junk folder etc
Eventually you will get pulled. Easy catch for ins not getting paid. So many crims take it out then cancel on purpose once docs have come thru thinking it will matter to me. One call to MIB or actual ins company soon confirms it and the car is on the lorry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back