Free car insurance

sounds to me like it's the bank who have refunded your mate in full if he's flagged it up as an unauthorised purchase.
it's when his bank chase the insurer for the money back when your problem will escalate.

Not reading all that lyke.
You'll have all the time in world in the nick.

Shortened version....

1) Do you know that what you've done is dishonest ? Would a reasonable person think it is dishonest that a service has been obtained and knowingly not paid for?

2) Have the steps you taken to rectify the matter been reasonable in the circumstances ?

You'll have all the time in world in the nick.

Shortened version....

1) Do you know that what you've done is dishonest ? Would a reasonable person think it is dishonest that a service has been obtained and knowingly not paid for?

2) Have the steps you taken to rectify the matter been reasonable in the circumstances ?

1) no

2)yes

Am I free to go?

1) no

2)yes

Am I free to go?
One potential scenario........any insurance company will have an income reconcilliation scheme. It is likely to pick up the fact that the policy hasn't been paid for....even if at the moment you've been told it has. Don't rely on 'all calls are recorded'. You may well find they aren't and only selected calls are, if it suits them. The policy will auto cancel. The letter telling you this won't be sent out. The insurance database now flags you vehicle up as uninsured. Good luck explaining this to the Poliss when you are stopped. they've heard all of this shite before, even if you are telling the truth. Worse scenario is that you are involved in a crash that's your fault and you aren't insured. You may well have driven for years without incident, Sod's law dictates this year you won't.

Well they told me all calls are recorded and they will have it on record that I’ve explained and offered payment that’s all I can do, unless I call them tomorrow and tell them I’m sending £510 on the back of a scabby donkey and I will not accept returns?
:lol::lol::lol:

Pay your bills scrub.... when you crash into some poor fucker and your insurance is void you’ll look like a right twat.

If your mates card has been refunded and no money has been paid by you then the insurance company haven’t been paid. It might also flag as fraud if a policy has been paid for with a card which has then had to be refunded for unauthorised use. I know a lot of insurance companies in those circumstances would cancel the policy immediately. If I was you I would be very careful, someone earlier mentioned about the askmid website, that usually takes a couple of days to get updated so don’t rely on that. If you are stopped while driving and the policy has been cancelled then it is down to you, even if the insurance company have cancelled the policy. Minimum of 6 points, a fine and your car seized.

exactly. he'll find out the hard way

:lol:

Well they told me all calls are recorded and they will have it on record that I’ve explained and offered payment that’s all I can do, unless I call them tomorrow and tell them I’m sending £510 on the back of a scabby donkey and I will not accept returns?
Just tell them to fuck off, spend the money on the finer things in life and blaze down the highway like Easy Rider.

Last edited:
All that will happen is when the insurance company’s system catches up and realise the payment is no longer there. They will issue a 7 day cancellation notice unless it’s paid.

sounds to me like it's the bank who have refunded your mate in full if he's flagged it up as an unauthorised purchase.
it's when his bank chase the insurer for the money back when your problem will escalate.

I think this is what has happened and will be there next step. I’m gonna ring them again today and ask for confirmation.

He'll not man, he's being git clever an that.

How am I being “git clever” ?

I’ve phoned them twice and explained.

Offered payment and was told the payment had already been made and I was insured.

Told them my friend has cancelled the payment, and her reply was “ no mr redm1st payment has gone through you’re all covered “

What am I meant to do?

All that will happen is when the insurance company’s system catches up and realise the payment is no longer there. They will issue a 7 day cancellation notice unless it’s paid.

Well that’s fine I’ll pay as soon as they request payment. I even asked them to put it on their system to call if there was a problem as I very rarely check emails.

Last edited:

Back