Frankie

Status
Not open for further replies.

They're fine (and I've said it since the start). I think we need to be realistic. Sky pay their commentators f***ing thousands. We get, what, 10000 if we're lucky paying a tenner? We're not going to be paying big money to the commentators. For me if they do their best and show a bit of enthusiasm then it's fine by me

Not to mention the majority of football commentators will have had specific training, journalism background and years of experience. It's akin to just plucking someone off here to do it.

I find a lot of the comments baffling in this thread.

(I'd like to note that I like Frankie and Danny. Both seem like really good guys)
But the standard of commentary is quite poor. Danny has an obvious understanding of the game, but Frankie doesn't seem to quite grasp the sport. They are easier to listen to when we're winning.
They can both commentate until the end of time if we keep winning for me. It wasn't their fault with the clear lack of communication after the match as to what was going on. But that needs sorting out for next week.
Frankie has improved on some of his commentating. In a way I love how excited he gets when we're on the attack. But the over exuberant shouts of 'great ball' wind me up when it eventually trickles out for a goal kick 30 yards away from the nearest Sunderland player 😂

anyway.. solid 3 points again. Let's keep up these results!

He made a big thing about the 4 cameras , which tbh , I preferred just the one!
2 of the other ones were just close ups and were shite. Couldn't see what was gannin on.
The view from the top behind the goal was better.
Frankie is OK. Now that every ball isn't a 'great ball'
I felt tonight they were a bit new fangled with the 4 camera option, zooming in on worms and stuff just cos they could. In the long run more camreasare clearly better when used sparingly.

They're fine (and I've said it since the start). I think we need to be realistic. Sky pay their commentators f***ing thousands. We get, what, 10000 if we're lucky paying a tenner? We're not going to be paying big money to the commentators. For me if they do their best and show a bit of enthusiasm then it's fine by me
Sky/BBC pay theirs thousands per week and I can count the number I've written glowing reviews of on the folds of my foreskin.

I've always thought they were OK. The daft thing is, they're only commenting on what they see. If it's crap it's crap. Both of them are doing well I think. You can guarantee though that next time we don't win they'll be getting grief. It's the Sundeand way. If we don't win everyone gets grief.

I've always thought they were OK. The daft thing is, they're only commenting on what they see. If it's crap it's crap. Both of them are doing well I think. You can guarantee though that next time we don't win they'll be getting grief. It's the Sundeand way. If we don't win everyone gets grief.
Not from me, I think they started to shine when we were shite. They started being more honest and seem to have reacted well to the fans reacting well to that, which matches nicely with the club's transparent new approach. Long may it continue, win or loss.

Have you been liked by the Sunderland fans before Danny?
I think they are class and putting their all into it, as an overseas viewer being with safsee since the start I hope they remain.
So what if they are't professional commentators who really cares?

Sitting next to Danny "goal" Collins, who sees things up to 5 seconds before they happen, you can see why he'd want to try a 'good cross' once in a while. But no-one is Danny "goal" Collins and it's great he's accepted that.

Both have been put into a job they are not used too but are going into it. Both very likeable. Frankie is class live when he’s singing ;)
I don't know how I didn't know thats frankie and the heartstrings. Just realised from your post!
My excuse is I live 300 mile away and I'm not on here 24/7.
I'll give him a bit of leeway then. A top bloke who loves sunderland and has put a little bit into the community. Pop recs was/is a wonderful idea, and the building looks like its coming along nicely. Hopefully lots of bands that the people of Sunderland can see after June this year.

Im never gonna criticise his commentary ever again! How did he get the gig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back