Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.

All over the news here that he's going back to Chelsea. Even being backed by his uncle arry.

You can imagine the interview on SSN:

Harry in his car with the window down...yeah Frankie's a great manager, done a triffic job at Derby and the Chelsea chairman's very seriously considering him. He would be ideal with the style of football, and the fans love him for what he did in his playing days there. So he would have the fans right behind him from day one.But I can't really say much about him because he's under contract at another club.

Done decent job at derby, maybe too early foe chelsea but he cant really turn it down

Thing is chelsea wont give him time, they never do

Have a look at the date of the OP mate, think about a manager under similar circumstances closer to home and the criticism he was getting and work out the subtle point I was making at the time. ;)

Mind I think he's daft if he goes there yet.
:oops: I see it now!

I agree it’d be daft move for the lad. He’s only likely to sour his relationship and reputation with their fans and stunt his own development. It’s inevitable he’ll back himself to do well there so will take the job though.

He seems like a relatively decent bloke though so I wish him well.

:oops: I see it now!

I agree it’d be daft move for the lad. He’s only likely to sour his relationship and reputation with their fans and stunt his own development. It’s inevitable he’ll back himself to do well there so will take the job though.

He seems like a relatively decent bloke though so I wish him well.
There's always a chance he could do well too. With the transfer ban I reckon if you offered a Chelsea fan 3rd now they'd snap your hand off. I'm not convinced with Manchester United, Arsenal I'm not sure about and Spurs always seem to fall short. Infact I wouldn't be surprised if a Leicester, Wolves or even West ham nip into 4th next year.

Scraped in the play offs and beat Leeds.

Apparently that entitles him to go to a Champions League club and Europa League Champions. Absolute nonsense.

Gerrard went a club where the worst you can do finish is second. He did the worst you can do.

Absolute madness. Won’t get a sniff against the likes of Klopp and Guardiola, with those two it’s a bad time to be a seasoned manager in the PL let alone a complete rookie

Not ready for a bigger challenge yet. Showed signs of being an excellent manager in the making but made some crass errors last season as well. Starting with Bennett & Lawrence up front in the Playoff final, leaving Marriott & Waghorn on the bench was a stupid stupid decision. If he leaves us now it means another manager, another load of players to get rid of and bring in. It's all bollocks, if he goes to Chelsea i hope they get relegated and Chelsea get thrown out of Europe for tapping up another clubs manager. Plastic wankers :mad:

He once gave me a dirty stare when he came into our corner at cfc to take a corner & I shouted summink about his Mrs & called her Christine wrinkly

He came owa to tak a corner & the ball wasn't in the quadrant I went ballistic at him

Cheeky twat gave me a sly wink

You must've been near me at the game :lol:

Got nowt to lose really with their transfer ban, and their best player going.

Gets the opportunity to integrate some of the forever loaned out players. And if it goes tits up he can just say that he had to work with what he was given.

Good luck to him tbf, if they go for it. I don’t like Chelsea but he comes across as a canny enough bloke, and would like to see him succeed.

Good luck to bum

Good to see English manager running a top club

People on here seem to want him to fail which I don’t get

Canny bloke
I certainly don't want him to fail because I liked him as a player and as a bloke he seems sound, still think he should turn it down mind, he doesn't need the money and a couple of years at Derby if he believes in himself will do him the world of good, Di Matteo didn't get the lickings of a dog despite his success so he needs to be careful, the job will be there soon enough and probably in better circumstances if he just relaxes and learns the ropes a bit away from the premier spot light.

I certainly don't want him to fail because I liked him as a player and as a bloke he seems sound, still think he should turn it down mind, he doesn't need the money and a couple of years at Derby if he believes in himself will do him the world of good, Di Matteo didn't get the lickings of a dog despite his success so he needs to be careful, the job will be there soon enough and probably in better circumstances if he just relaxes and learns the ropes a bit away from the premier spot light.

Exactly if he's a massive flop his legendary status at he Bridge might be in jeopardy

But we need more English / British managers in the premiership

Scraped in the play offs and beat Leeds.

Apparently that entitles him to go to a Champions League club and Europa League Champions. Absolute nonsense.

Gerrard went a club where the worst you can do finish is second. He did the worst you can do.

Christ :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back