Frank Lampard

First season as a manager in English football. Only 40 years old, has guided Derby to the play offs and is being given huge praise for his achievement. Considering that Derby have finished around the same position for the last few years has he underachieved?
Chelsea getting Frankie experience before he comes back to his home...

Derby have played some really shit football at times this season but they have played some good stuff too. They have some good young players and if they dont go up this season I think Frank Lampard would definitely get it right next season. I fancy them to win the play offs though. Looked good going forward.

First season as a manager in English football. Only 40 years old, has guided Derby to the play offs and is being given huge praise for his achievement. Considering that Derby have finished around the same position for the last few years has he underachieved?
Bombed next years mate...

Didn’t he have the remit of cutting the wage bill and massively lowering the age of the squad? I think he did that, so to achieve the same league finish under those constraints whilst in his first season is decent going in my opinion.

Not much to show he’s ready for the Chelsea gig mind.

Didn’t he have the remit of cutting the wage bill and massively lowering the age of the squad? I think he did that, so to achieve the same league finish under those constraints whilst in his first season is decent going in my opinion.

Not much to show he’s ready for the Chelsea gig mind.
Have a look at the date of the OP mate, think about a manager under similar circumstances closer to home and the criticism he was getting and work out the subtle point I was making at the time. ;)

Mind I think he's daft if he goes there yet.

Back