Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lampard did ok at Derby, no more no less.
It doesn’t mean to say that he won’t be a success though as a manager.
He has huge experience was a top class player and played for top class managers.
You would assume he’d be backed financially at Chelsea and have top class players at his disposal.
He has every chance, I hope he succeeds, he seems a good lad.

He has huge experience was a top class player and played for top class managers.
You would assume he’d be backed financially at Chelsea and have top class players at his disposal.
Like Gerrard both him and Lampard could easily have plonked arse in the Studio. I hope both are a success. It’s usually some foreign manager who gets a top job in England. Like to see more take a punt on young English managers.

Like Gerrard both him and Lampard could easily have plonked arse in the Studio. I hope both are a success. It’s usually some foreign manager who gets a top job in England. Like to see more take a punt on young English managers.
Both he and gerrard start very high up, poor sol had to drop to league 2, no wonder he asks the questions about his colour holding him back, it’s not that he is a fruit loop

Not really. Lampard took over a side that finished in the play offs and finished in the play offs. Ross took over a relegated side in disarray and finished in the play offs. If it wasn’t for his name Lampard would be getting nowhere near the credit he is.

Derby had to slash the wage bill and he got the age of the squad right down

He did really well

Done ok nowt else. That said I hope he does get the Chelsea gig as I’d rather him than yet another foreign manager. Mind someone like Eddie Howe also deserves a shot at a decent club anarl

Not really. Lampard took over a side that finished in the play offs and finished in the play offs. Ross took over a relegated side in disarray and finished in the play offs. If it wasn’t for his name Lampard would be getting nowhere near the credit he is.

Difference is that Lampard started crap and got better, whereas Ross went the other way

Chelsea have a transfer ban iirc.

Derby had to slash the wage bill and he got the age of the squad right down

He did really well
A lot of Derby’s higher earners and older players were out of contract anyway so the age of the squad and wage bill decreased naturally without them losing too much from the squad. He took over with them in a very strong situation and they still spent a fair amount of money and benefitted from a fair few loans due to his name. He came into a situation a thousand times healthier than Ross.

Both he and gerrard start very high up, poor sol had to drop to league 2, no wonder he asks the questions about his colour holding him back, it’s not that he is a fruit loop

Thats true....but times have also changed since in the 10 years Campbell stopped playing. It is right that he finally got his chance and good luck to him but Lampard and Gerrard were always going to get a good opportunity very quickly. If Henderson chooses to go into management after playing he also will get a good job not just because of his experience but simply because he has been a model professional

Because that’s the only metric for success ever?
You claimed Lampard/Derby had started off crap and gotten better. The fact their best run of form came in August suggests otherwise. They were fairly steady throughout the season and failed to get any sort of run going which is why they were nowhere near automatic promotion.

You claimed Lampard/Derby had started off crap and gotten better. The fact their best run of form came in August suggests otherwise. They were fairly steady throughout the season and failed to get any sort of run going which is why they were nowhere near automatic promotion.

On a game by game basis they did get considerably better, performance wise. And general results got better, contrary to your poor metric designed to suit your agenda. Is WWWDWWW worse than WWWWLLL for instance?

Whereas we got progressively worse as the season progressed

On a game by game basis they did get considerably better, performance wise. And general results got better, contrary to your poor metric designed to suit your agenda. Is WWWDWWW worse than WWWWLLL for instance?

That might have worked if that’s how Derby’s season went, it isn’t. They got fewer points in the 2nd half of the season than they did in the first. It’s nothing to do with an agenda. I like Lampard but he still has a lot to prove as a manager. The praise he is getting is way over the top and the criticism Ross is getting is way over the top which was my original point.

At the half way point they were 5th with 39 points.
They finished 6th with 74 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back