Fortnite

New update is out, couple new weapons added and those shield grenades. I finally got a victory anarl! The secret is to have two shotguns and just switch between them in close-quarter shootouts.

Logon or register to see this image

Doesn’t work in ranked though there’s always someone with Hades SMG and his medallion which restores shield on hit. Close quarters is helping him take zero damage.

The new semi automatic rifle or sniper with thermal or plain scope you always want to carry, new assault rifles deal good mid range damage but 2 shotguns is a nono

Didn’t realise anyone still properly played this (stupidly)

used to hammer it back in the day!!

Played from season 1 and then a couple of seasons into the new map. Iirc the last season I played was where there was a shark mouth or something you could drop at.

Only mainly played doubles or teams but won most of our games.

Singles I’d say my highest kill(s) would have been about 13/14

Lad who I used to play with genuinely won one in every two he dropped into haha he was insane

Didn’t realise anyone still properly played this (stupidly)

Erm. The game just recorded a new record of 44.1 million players at the same time, that's pretty much the equivalent of the entire of England minus London so the game's ageing like fine wine.
Bringing back the season 1 map in its purest vanilla form with zero build ruleset is the most fun people have had in the game, the plan is to bring it back in the start of every season so it'll be back in November but the zero-build reset is permanent

Last edited:
Erm. The game just recorded a new record of 44.1 million players at the same time, that's pretty much the equivalent of the entire of England minus London so the game's ageing like fine wine.
Bringing back the season 1 map in its purest vanilla form with zero build ruleset is the most fun people have had in the game, the plan is to bring it back in the start of every season so it'll be back in November but the zero-build reset is permanent
Just not played in my circle mate, completely forgot about it (again stupidly)

Loved it back in the day but started to die off abit for me and the lads. Spent about 50 quid on skins anorl 😂 can’t remember them all but deffo had the tomato head and the love ranger I know that

The old map and zero build is what got me back into it.

Zero build much better for me, I can’t build anywhere near the speed or complexity as the young’uns!

I find zero-build much more fun also. I've gone knee deep in the game and hit Diamond already and enjoying the more tactical element of the game. The 2 corners are the hotspots for the medallions but especially in the higher ranked games is to drop off get a decent inventory and swing round and join the fight late.

The railyard has the massive mansion which has tone of loot which is a short distance away from the bottom right, there's a train station to the north with a vault close to the top left action, the train or the NPC in the bottom left who sells a blue quality assault rifle, or epic quality if you kill him so no game is ever the same.

Last edited:
The 4 wind turbines, the little island on one side and the building the other are full of chests

Also the cruise liner has a nice blue chest down the bottom at the far end

The 4 wind turbines, the little island on one side and the building the other are full of chests

Also the cruise liner has a nice blue chest down the bottom at the far end
Blue chests are random, but in that location it does have the vault.

I normally drop at the turbines and the little boat, and then move onto the oil rig. Failing that, there's an island close by with 4/5 chests.

I normally drop at the turbines and the little boat, and then move onto the oil rig. Failing that, there's an island close by with 4/5 chests
Thats the area I am talking about. So many chests. I might count later and see how many I get.
Just did it to count how many I usually get. 5 on the Island, 5 up the top of the wind turbines, 4 at the bottom, 5 on the oil rig. That's 19 chests I start the game with!

Last edited:
You need to play the map rather than tunnel vision pre-determining where you're going to start in ranked then you can start using your map knowledge

I find the hardest if the bus is going left to right from the middle the hardest as it pretty much rules out all the centre and bottom of the map if you want a safe landing

I mix it up 50/50 between landing in a known place and landing in a random place

Just not worth losing rank for landing in hotspots. I've noticed in Diamond once gunfire shots are heard other people will come to your location like flies round shit making vehicle access essential.
I'm trying the solo cup what's on tomorrow, unfortunately it's build mode so I'm expecting the most sweaty of gameplay.

Last edited:
Spoiler alert if you want to level your Battle Pass mega fast - Build a trampoline on Lego Fortnite and stay bouncing on it and it avoids AFK detection. It's capped at 3.5 hours every reset which is about 3-4 levels.
3.5 hours of Lego
3 normal daily quests
3 racing daily quests

Guarantees you a full page cleared in 1 day. The Racing is criminally underrated btw. Got well into it just from doing the daily quests.
Fortnite's own take on TrackMania, just awesome.

Last edited:
Would anyone on the SMB be interested in a 8-player Fortnite Lego world?

Decided to give Lego a try because of how highly rated the individual Lego games are, the last one got a Metacritic 86/100 and Fortnite is probably their best version yet.

It's basically an open world RPG. Everyone builds their own villages goes off into the world collect loot, craft better items to fight higher level mobs, etc.

When you create a Lobby you're able to give a "Key" to 7 other people - The key enables the key holders to see your lobby even when you're offline so the other 7 people can keep playing on the same world even when you're not playing.
As I said before, considering it was only released in December and they're regularly updating it - Last update was 3 weeks ago able to build your own vehicles. It's an absolute fantastic game. You start on grass territory then work your way up to next level which is desert and then snow, the latter 2 comes with it's own weather effects which hinders the characters. And there will obviously more terrains added.

Last edited:
Gan on Coyne la.

Probably because people are done with Fortnite but was actually hoping to get a SMB Lego game on the go. It’s an insanely good game.

It’s independent from Fortnite with their own development team but it’s inside the client that’s all

Back