Fortnite

nobody on here playing it?

It's like minecraft meets left4dead via Team Fortress 2 that's had a bairn with that Orcs game.

It's also like crack! It has a similar foundation to say, Clash of clans, but with console gameplay. Have to say I can't stop playing, and the graphics and world are beautiful. Really nice art style too!

Online there's plenty of people playing so you never have problems finding a game.

I was going to buy it last week but read a few reviews where people said it got old very quickly. But I've also seen people who've ploughed hours and hours into it and still love it.

I've just found the digital code on ebay for £20 so I should get cracked into it tonight if they send the code quick enough. It seems that the £120 limited edition came with two extra codes to give away so people are selling them to recoup some of the cost.

Last edited:
Looks good but I will not pay to play what is in effect a test beta. Becoming a free to play in 2018. Greedy bastard game companies. The whole industry needs an 80's style meltdown. Gaming has properly sold its soul.

nobody on here playing it?

It's like minecraft meets left4dead via Team Fortress 2 that's had a bairn with that Orcs game.

It's also like crack! It has a similar foundation to say, Clash of clans, but with console gameplay. Have to say I can't stop playing, and the graphics and world are beautiful. Really nice art style too!

Online there's plenty of people playing so you never have problems finding a game.

Playing it off and on. It's a good game that can get a little samey til you start doing harder missions when it becomes more of a challenge. My impression from most reviews is they played a couple of hours and based their opinion on that. Definitely as good as some of AAA stuff you'll quite happily shell 40-50 quid for.

Playing it off and on. It's a good game that can get a little samey til you start doing harder missions when it becomes more of a challenge. My impression from most reviews is they played a couple of hours and based their opinion on that. Definitely as good as some of AAA stuff you'll quite happily shell 40-50 quid for.

Yeah, I'm level 21 now and some of these newer missions are hard as! I've found that people don't seem to understand the Shelter missions as I end up defending and building myself after someone sets it off then walks away

Yeah, I'm level 21 now and some of these newer missions are hard as! I've found that people don't seem to understand the Shelter missions as I end up defending and building myself after someone sets it off then walks away

I've been playing a few hours at weekends, and up to level 16. It's a bit easy early on, so can get a bit repetitive then, but gets noticeably harder (and more fun again) when harder missions start.

Graphically, it's sorta Blizzard meets Borderlands and it's gonna be restricted somewhat when you can essentially demolish and then build all manner of camps and bases. But it still looks decent.

Potentially, it could be a cracking game with more content added and is still good now. There will always be that element of controversy surrounding free to play, pre orders and all that bollocks. As far as I am bothered, if someone spends time and money developing a good game, I don't mind paying toward it, as long as it doesn't seem like pay to win, which this doesn't come across as.

I've been playing a few hours at weekends, and up to level 16. It's a bit easy early on, so can get a bit repetitive then, but gets noticeably harder (and more fun again) when harder missions start.

Graphically, it's sorta Blizzard meets Borderlands and it's gonna be restricted somewhat when you can essentially demolish and then build all manner of camps and bases. But it still looks decent.

Potentially, it could be a cracking game with more content added and is still good now. There will always be that element of controversy surrounding free to play, pre orders and all that bollocks. As far as I am bothered, if someone spends time and money developing a good game, I don't mind paying toward it, as long as it doesn't seem like pay to win, which this doesn't come across as.

Aren't you booting up every day to get your sign in bonuses mate? Although I think that's why I'm hooked :lol:
Still really enjoying it BUT...why do people let you get all your stuff together, make defences around the shelter or whatever level you're on, then bugger off???! It's so annoying after spending half an hour or so getting what you need.

I also find I'm constantly, and I mean constantly, top score. Considering I'm the epitome of absolutely shite at online games I can only assume they're just doing nowt and collecting the booty?

Aren't you booting up every day to get your sign in bonuses mate? Although I think that's why I'm hooked :lol:
Still really enjoying it BUT...why do people let you get all your stuff together, make defences around the shelter or whatever level you're on, then bugger off???! It's so annoying after spending half an hour or so getting what you need.

I also find I'm constantly, and I mean constantly, top score. Considering I'm the epitome of absolutely shite at online games I can only assume they're just doing nowt and collecting the booty?

Yeah I generally log in to get my gear during the week. Only reason I probably don't play it more is that I'm still enjoying other games and tend to play them midweek.

I don't tend to high score all that much, although I'll do building and utility from time to time. One of the things I was gonna say was that strangely I've not experienced any complete bellends in the game, which is a novelty. Then again, I'm guessing some of this is probably due to the fact it's not free to play at the moment.

Yeah I generally log in to get my gear during the week. Only reason I probably don't play it more is that I'm still enjoying other games and tend to play them midweek.

I don't tend to high score all that much, although I'll do building and utility from time to time. One of the things I was gonna say was that strangely I've not experienced any complete bellends in the game, which is a novelty. Then again, I'm guessing some of this is probably due to the fact it's not free to play at the moment.

:lol: VERY good point regarding the lack of dickheads. That's probably down to the fact they don't want to pay though!

What's he say? Have you played it then?

That it is a massive grind unless you want to fork real money out. It has its fun moments and the building mechanics are very very well done.

His issue with pay to win/progress is the exact thing I had my apprehension about. It does look fun but not £35 worth for me.

That it is a massive grind unless you want to fork real money out. It has its fun moments and the building mechanics are very very well done.

His issue with pay to win/progress is the exact thing I had my apprehension about. It does look fun but not £35 worth for me.
£20 for a digital copy on eBay.

I've not had to grind really until level 20, which was a fair bit of play.

Back