Forthcoming gigs.

SLF and also The Exploited at The Rosemount in North Perth February next year.

Meant to be going to see Vivian Girls tonight, but that's a bit up in the air and we might not go. It's at a venue that has recently come under scrutiny for the wrong reasons - Polish-owned place that has booked out a couple of times to a speaker who appears to be a holocaust denier. A few artists playing there have canceled or have moved their gigs to other venues, Live Nation has pulled out, and punters are being encouraged to "boycoutt"
SLF and also The Exploited at The Rosemount in North Perth February next year.
We're in the same situation with this one - Inflammable Material tour in the next couple of weeks at the same venue

Meant to be going to see Vivian Girls tonight, but that's a bit up in the air and we might not go. It's at a venue that has recently come under scrutiny for the wrong reasons - Polish-owned place that has booked out a couple of times to a speaker who appears to be a holocaust denier. A few artists playing there have canceled or have moved their gigs to other venues, Live Nation has pulled out, and punters are being encouraged to "boycoutt"

We're in the same situation with this one - Inflammable Material tour in the next couple of weeks at the same venue

Where is said venue?

Jon Hopkins at the Sage in March now.

I’m in two minds about it. When it comes to his electronic stuff I think he’s one the great producers out there. His gig at boiler shop last year was immense.
This is a bit more stripped back with grand pianos etc and full on orchestra. Sure it’ll be ok but don’t want to feel disappointed!

I’m in two minds about it. When it comes to his electronic stuff I think he’s one the great producers out there. His gig at boiler shop last year was immense.
This is a bit more stripped back with grand pianos etc and full on orchestra. Sure it’ll be ok but don’t want to feel disappointed!
Aye, didn't realise it was going to be so different until I'd already bought the tickets, but he is a classically trained pianist so I think it'll be pretty good still. Haven't had the heart to tell my mate about the stylistic difference as I think he is expecting a full on electronic drugfest type event. :lol:

Aye, didn't realise it was going to be so different until I'd already bought the tickets, but he is a classically trained pianist so I think it'll be pretty good still. Haven't had the heart to tell my mate about the stylistic difference as I think he is expecting a full on electronic drugfest type event. :lol:

Haha.
I read the press release and in Hopkins own words, “this tour is not aimed at the intoxicated”

Fingers crossed your mate likes getting off his chops to 20 minute ambient piano solos !

Back