Forthcoming gigs.

Stairs tonight at the cluny.Looking forward to it, hope Edgar is on top form. Gonna try and see if any tickets have been sent back for the sold out style councillors gig there tommorrow as well. Seen them before, they are excellent.
I’m there tonight for the style councillors missed them last time as I was ill. Any idea what time bands come on in the cluny these days.

Aye ,just a free for all.
Spot on for the right gigs
Don't mind sitting these days like

Just weird when I get bought the ticket it said area this and row that
Aye, must have been an error cos I’ve never heard of it before.
Stairs come on at 9 last night.I have seen the style councillors before.They are brilliant, you'll have a great time
Any review. Had been full intending on going since last year & knocked it on the head & having a few days of doing nowt.

Last edited:
Aye saw them at boiler shop couple of weeks ago, really good. I know some people won't see them without Adamson but think Gil Allen does the songs justice. And some of the guitar work on the Steeltown tracks is just class
He does mate. Seen them about half dozen times since Allen has sang and he sings well, last night he was really good. 40 or so year ago when I first seen them and never fail to impress.

Aye, must have been an error cos I’ve never heard of it before.

Any review. Had been full intending on going since last year & knocked it on the head & having a few days of doing nowt.
The stairs were fantastic.Edgars voice was spot on last night, was weird seeing him playing bass though,I am used to seeing him with his guitar.They sounded brilliant though, and the guitarist with long grey hair was outstanding. Loved them

Stockton Calling today! Weather looks decent too
Theres 3/4 bands I really want to catch but will just be doing the usual wander around hoping to see something new/great!

Great night at Big Country concert again. Met up with a load of people I'd not seen for years which was a bonus.
Enjoyed it. Not sure Steeltown stood up as full album show though. The talking from the crowd during Icicle Works was the worst I’ve heard anywhere. Disgraceful. I’ll never understand why you go to a gig and talk. If you want a chat stay in the bar!
First time at the Firestation and was very impressed.

Enjoyed it. Not sure Steeltown stood up as full album show though. The talking from the crowd during Icicle Works was the worst I’ve heard anywhere. Disgraceful. I’ll never understand why you go to a gig and talk. If you want a chat stay in the bar!
Yeah I thought they were ignorant as well. Loved icycle works years ago. Not the same as accoustic , and older :) , but was nice to see them.

PS I think the bassist from Simple minds played once when I seen them but cant remember where , anyway Gil did really well backing Simon up.
Derek forster
He played the bass line opener for simple minds waterfront and the band joined in ,can't remember where that was though
There was quite a few in the bar during the support ,I got there late and didn't want to go in and disturb people

Last edited:
Derek forster
He played the bass line opener for simpke minds waterfront and the band joined in ,can't remember where that was though

There was quite a few in the bar during the support ,I got there late and didn't want to go in and disturb people
Think it was small venue down mag quayside , only one ive been with the Mrs and not the lads. Could be wrong though.

That`s good - our job is to keep out of the way - nothing worse that photographers getting in the way and spoiling the show. I didn`t really get the chance to have a look in the crowd as we pretty much came in as the band were coming on then straight out after the third song.

If your talking about The Hives - that`s exactly what I thought - I don`t think I`ve ever been to a gig where so many different types of music fans came together - I saw all sorts there -it was great.
Another great gig at Wolverhampton last night.
3 generations of hillbillys all enjoyed what has got to be the most rocking show, 102%, in years.
Loved the ninja roadies.

The reviews the Hives are getting are extremely positive. Pissed off I didn’t make an effort now. Next time.
I thought they were better Arctic Monkeys when I saw them supporting in Manchester last year like
I seemed to miss this tour as well somehow
Stockton Calling today! Weather looks decent too
Theres 3/4 bands I really want to catch but will just be doing the usual wander around hoping to see something new/great!
Well, where to start, what a great great day!
So many good bands, quite a few Id not seen before but If I had to pick out a few;
- Dayzies (ill let him off being a mag),
- Blackout The Arcade - for a band on early, they were great
- The Chase, brilliant as always, one of those bands you walk away at end grinning and smiling, really enjoy their gigs
- The Covasettes, great young band, not seen them before but really good
- The Kairos, again not seen before but heard great things, thought they were excellent - had them on Spotify all morn!
- The Lilacs, only caught first few songs but liked them, need to see them again, but my daughter made us race back to Ku for...
Corella - again id seen them before but its great to see a band just get better, sound better and more confident - deserved to be top of the billing and pleased im made the decision not to see Zutons or Bluetones instead (bands ive prob not seen for 20 years!)

Bought tickets late this year but for £40, brilliant value - Love living in Stockton with a great music scene/venues!

Last edited:
I thought they were better Arctic Monkeys when I saw them supporting in Manchester last year like
I seemed to miss this tour as well somehow

Well, where to start, what a great great day!
So many good bands, quite a few Id not seen before but If I had to pick out a few;
- Dayzies (ill let him off being a mag),
- Blackout The Arcade - for a band on early, they were great
- The Chase, brilliant as always, one of those bands you walk away at end grinning and smiling, really enjoy their gigs
- The Covasettes, great young band, not seen them before but really good
- The Kairos, again not seen before but heard great things, thought they were excellent - had them on Spotify all morn!
- The Lilacs, only caught first few songs but liked them, need to see them again, but my daughter made us race back to Ku for...
Corella - again id seen them before but its great to see a band just get better, sound better and more confident - deserved to be top of the billing and pleased im made the decision not to see Zutons or Bluetones instead (bands ive prob not seen for 20 years!)

Bought tickets late this year but for £40, brilliant value - Love living in Stockton with a great music scene/venues!
I’ll give these a listen later. All new to me.

Another great gig at Wolverhampton last night.
3 generations of hillbillys all enjoyed what has got to be the most rocking show, 102%, in years.
Loved the ninja roadies.

My mate was there and he sent me a photo of some doing sudoko on his phone 😄 no idea how to post it on here

Back