Forthcoming gigs.

Well Mammoth WVH and Slash, were both canny last night. Got Johnny Marr at City Hall tomorrow and Futureheads at the Lets Caper thing on Friday.

Thought English Teacher were very impressive at The Grove tonight. I'm sure they'll be playing a bigger venue next time they visit. Great frontwoman and a talented guitarist who has great moves.

Did you catch Ernie on before them? I fancied going to see them but was working most of the day. Getting some good gigs at the Grove. Looking forward to Sick Of It All / Phazed Out Festival in May.

Did you catch Ernie on before them? I fancied going to see them but was working most of the day. Getting some good gigs at the Grove. Looking forward to Sick Of It All / Phazed Out Festival in May.
Yeah,I saw their full set. They're not for me, but they went down extremely well with an audience mostly a lot younger than me. I realised I saw the singer (Joe Allan) in his previous band A Festival A Parade when they supported Suede (2019) and also doing a solo set supporting Malcolm Middleton (2018).

[
Yeah,I saw their full set. They're not for me, but they went down extremely well with an audience mostly a lot younger than me. I realised I saw the singer (Joe Allan) in his previous band A Festival A Parade when they supported Suede (2019) and also doing a solo set supporting Malcolm Middleton (2018).

They were mint at the star and shadow a few months ago. Pleased it went well for them, think they could go far. As you say popular with the youth.

My first visit to The Old Fire Station in Carlisle last night and it is a smashing little venue. Lottery Winners were superb with their entertaining indie guitar pop and you never quite know what Thom might do next including throwing Easter Eggs into the audience last night. I really enjoyed Jack Valero's support set as well, it was much rockier than I expected but his likeness to his Dad is a bit eerie and when he looks down at his guitar it could be a shorter, curly haired Billy Bragg playing the instrument.

I thought Ernie were great, will definitely look out for future gigs. Great tunes/vocals and nowt better than 3 guitars going for it now and again.

To be honest, I thought English Teacher were the only disappointment of the day. Had been enjoying their stuff on YouTube while doing me prep for the day but found them quite dull live. Apart from the couple of ballady bits in the middle, I thought her voice wasn't up to the job. No doubt they are going to do well, but I'd not go out of me way to them again, other than at a festival.

Home Counties and Ellur, on the other hand, I probably would/(wad).

Anyone going to see Alain Johannes at Trillions tomorrow? Saw him in Manchester on Saturday, good show, his first UK tour as a solo artist. Quite enjoyed Earl of Hell supporting him but didn't think a great deal of Gorilla Riot, pretty generic rock band.

Back