Forthcoming gigs.

Last weekend my missus informed me we are going to see The Eagles at Wembley Stadium on August Bank holiday weekend. £170 a ticket.
I said for that price I want to be sat on Joe Walsh’s knee.
Not a band I want to see at all.
I’ve just looked at the Arena plan and they are not very good seats, can you believe it. The cheapest seats are £140 !
She booked four seats for us and my sister and brother in law.
It’s gonna be an expensive weekend to listen to average music.
It’s one of those times when I need to shut up and get on with it.

Last edited:
I’ve just looked at the Arena plan and they are not very good seats, can you believe it. The cheapest seats are £140 !
She booked four seats for us and my sister and brother in law.
It’s gonna be an expensive weekend to listen to average music.
It’s one of those times when I need to shut up and get on with it.
I saw them in Leeds earlier this year and honestly they were absolutely fantastic. Top tunes, brilliant musicianship and sublime harmonies not to mention, a singing drummer :D. They are performing with an orchestra at Wembley. I think you`ll enjoy it more than you think.

I saw them in Leeds earlier this year and honestly they were absolutely fantastic. Top tunes, brilliant musicianship and sublime harmonies not to mention, a singing drummer :D. They are performing with an orchestra at Wembley. I think you`ll enjoy it more than you think.
How much was your ticket at Leeds, if you don’t mind me asking ?
I know I’m not gonna like the answer. If indeed you had to pay !

Last edited:
How much was your ticket at Leeds, if you don’t mind me asking ?
I know I’m not gonna like the answer. If indeed you had to pay !
I daren`t tell you ;) . I got two freebies and a photo pass to review the show. They were £250 a pop. I was ecstatic when I got OK`d for the show a day or so beforehand. Believe me they were absolutely brilliant. I was buzzing for days afterwards. I`ve seen a fair few shows this year and they were up there with the best.

Yeah was a great gig, thought bobby was class once he got warmed up. Hilarious when he shouted “ cmon motherfuckers it’s Friday night”
Er no bob it’s actually Saturday 😊.
So many great tunes, Rock and roll and rave all in one show!
Anyone else got tickets for Creedence next year?
In what form are Creedence ?

Just bought tickets for Simple Minds in August.
30 years since I last saw them at Roundhay Park at Leeds (Streetfighting years tour).
So I’ve got Stereophonics, Simple Minds and Elton John booked for 2020, can’t wait !!
Christ on a bike. WTF is wrong with your ears lad? I wouldn’t go to any of those gigs if you paid me.

Gruff rhys at corbridge parish hall next year will be a interesting one. Bizarre choice of venue!

Paul Heaton and abbot next year at the arena.

Gruff rhys at corbridge parish hall next year will be a interesting one. Bizarre choice of venue!

Saw gruff the other night and it was a bit weird. He played mainly low key songs, hardly any big favourites. When I saw him a few months back it was the complete opposite and was awesome. Still enjoyable but not what I expected

Saw gruff the other night and it was a bit weird. He played mainly low key songs, hardly any big favourites. When I saw him a few months back it was the complete opposite and was awesome. Still enjoyable but not what I expected

Saw him at deer shed in the summer, loved him.
Could be fairly shit seeing him in a bad mood in a village hall!

Bad Manners again March 27th at 02 academy

they were terrible when they were popular ffs, joke of a band
slade are on at the 02 ( or whatever its called now ) our lass wants to go , err... i think not :lol: great having so many venues over here mind

Last edited:
Saw him at deer shed in the summer, loved him.
Could be fairly shit seeing him in a bad mood in a village hall!
Yeah, the gig a few months back it was the best songs off pang with muzi, then a couple from each album. No muzi this time. Gruff was funny but the songs were all less obvious picks. I saw him in bangor, gwynedd which is a welsh language town. I didn't know if he was purposely playing more Welsh songs. Obviously all off pang is Welsh so that could be bollocks

Yeah, the gig a few months back it was the best songs off pang with muzi, then a couple from each album. No muzi this time. Gruff was funny but the songs were all less obvious picks. I saw him in bangor, gwynedd which is a welsh language town. I didn't know if he was purposely playing more Welsh songs. Obviously all off pang is Welsh so that could be bollocks

I'll be happy enough if he is holding his signs up!

He's certainly a character.

we’ve friends in corbridge and often go to the Parish hall for kids parties. It’s a really old school old church hall and every time I’ve been I’ve thought it would be great for a gig. I’ll definitely look into going to this.

Back