Forthcoming gigs.

gutted I didn’t go now. All I’ve heard all morning from various sources was how great it was.
They were a bit meh for me. I may be a jaded twat but I've seen this sort of thing many times before. Crowd seemed to enjoy it but these days even the most mundane gig is 'amazing' etc according to those on social media. I long for people to say that it was ok with some good songs and some ordinary one. They'll have their day in the sun and good luck to them and those who enjoy them.

They were a bit meh for me. I may be a jaded twat but I've seen this sort of thing many times before. Crowd seemed to enjoy it but these days even the most mundane gig is 'amazing' etc according to those on social media. I long for people to say that it was ok with some good songs and some ordinary one. They'll have their day in the sun and good luck to them and those who enjoy them.
I thought they were really good and I have seen a LOT of bands over the last 40 odd years.

gutted I didn’t go now. All I’ve heard all morning from various sources was how great it was.
Normally the Academy is a shit horrible venue unless it is rammed. Last night was absolutely rammed and was amazing
Was it too real for ya?
I thought they were immense.
Absolutely mate. And cos I was on the Guestlist it felt even better
What were you expecting to see. The Sex Pistols at the Lesser Trade Hall?

Last edited:
Normally the Academy is a shit horrible venue unless it is rammed. Last night was absolutely rammed and was amazing

Absolutely mate. And cos I was on the Guestlist it felt even better

What were you expecting to see. The Sex Pistols at the Lesser Trade Hall?
No, but apart from the singer/lyrics who I enjoyed, the music was fairly generic 'angry' indie punk. I didn't not enjoy it, it was just wasn't as original as some have said.

saw him at Electrowerkz back in January. Indeed great live.

This sounds great (as a full band), so looking forward to it more now as it'll be different to when it was basically just him (presuming it'll be this set up that is). He did say at the gig in Leeds that he was aiming to get a few quid in to get a band sorted.

Last edited:
For me I heard a lot of the tons of second wave or second divison punk bands or provincial bands fron the late 70's who didn't really become famous.

I was watching a BBC programme about Chris Packham an hour ago and he mentioned a Southampton punk band called Strate-jacket.....

...as an example. Change the singer's style for a slurred Irish drawl and it's not that different. Musically they were to me unoriginal.

Most people loved them, I thought they were OK. It's just opinions on pop music at the end of the day.

Last edited:
I’ve never seen the Academy as packed as it was for Fontaines D.C. and I’ve been to a fair few sold out gigs there aswell. Shame that Toy weren’t supporting them as I believe they are for the rest of their tour.

Lost my tickets for last night so they printed daft little receipts on the door to use instead. I was stood pissed, thought it was a receipt in my pocket, scrumpled it up and chucked it away. Realised my mistake when I went for a piss and heard them asking people for tickets to get back in. Went to check I had it and all I could find was a receipt from B&Q.

Any idea who the support band were? They seemed pretty decent.
Melts I think. And yes they were decent imo.
Lost my tickets for last night so they printed daft little receipts on the door to use instead. I was stood pissed, thought it was a receipt in my pocket, scrumpled it up and chucked it away. Realised my mistake when I went for a piss and heard them asking people for tickets to get back in. Went to check I had it and all I could find was a receipt from B&Q.
That's mad cos I was on the Guestlist via Carlos (the guitarist) and ended up with 3 excess tickets which I ended up selling to some pissed up trampy touts outside for a tenner each

Last edited:

Back