Forthcoming gigs.

park on Claremont Rd and walk through the underpass, easy. Wouldn't want to be a lass on my own mind, the lighting is piss poor.. and there's the lake to navigate !

*nee use at all if it is at the cluny though

It is the Cluny..been through for a ticket today...ta anyway.

Brilliant, to be honest I only have a passing interest in them, but their latest album is very good and I (and my daughter) were very impressed, very entertaining.

yep ....im not a huge fan of the Darkness music but they do rock with sincerity and a smile and are hugely entertaining live...way better than the not funny joke that is Steel
Panther
Brilliant, to be honest I only have a passing interest in them, but their latest album is very good and I (and my daughter) were very impressed, very entertaining.

yep ....im not a huge fan of the Darkness music but they do rock with sincerity and a smile and are hugely entertaining live...way better than the not funny joke that is Steel
Panther

did you go and if so what did you think ?

I really enjoyed it although would have preferred it to get a bit of kick drum in as they progressed.
really surreal to see Steve Davis onstage playing his little analogue box !!
I thought it was superb. I'd spoken to SD and the other members before the gig and they were top blokes.
I didn't expect so much to be improvised. I'd listened to the LP twice and I could honestly say I did recognize anything...in a good way.
Never thought I'd appreciate bagpipes !

Enjoyed the support....Dextro ?.....don'tknow anything about him but seems worth investigating.

I thought it was superb. I'd spoken to SD and the other members before the gig and they were top blokes.
I didn't expect so much to be improvised. I'd listened to the LP twice and I could honestly say I did recognize anything...in a good way.
Never thought I'd appreciate bagpipes !

Enjoyed the support....Dextro ?.....don'tknow anything about him but seems worth investigating.

Glad you really enjoyed it mate.
I had a bit crack with Davis afterwards and he come across a top bloke who had time for everybody. I told him I didn’t recognise anything he played despite buying the album and he did say that everything is improvised.
I only caught end of Dextro unfortunately but he has stuff on Spotify and very much in same vein as utopia strong.

Just home from the Primal Scream gig, they were bloody brilliant and if you get a chance to see them do so. It was their greatest hits and they were as tight as a snare drum.

I was surrounded by young blokes who no word of a lie constantly moved from WhatsApp to LinkedIn every 30 seconds to see if they had received a message of any kind. Then to mix it up looked at the footy results then back again.

If you are one of those types bloody well pack it in as it's tragic. If your life needs that sort of validation f***ing well stay at home.

You've paid for a ticket, watch the f***ing band, pay attention and pay the band the f***ing respect they deserve!!!

Apologies for the language but I'm a bit cross.

Rant over!
Yeah was a great gig, thought bobby was class once he got warmed up. Hilarious when he shouted “ cmon motherfuckers it’s Friday night”
Er no bob it’s actually Saturday 😊.
So many great tunes, Rock and roll and rave all in one show!
Anyone else got tickets for Creedence next year?

Last edited:
Seen Paul Smith duets at the sage last night. Not that familiar with his music/Maximo park but the idea behind the gig appealed. I thowt he was really uncomfortable as the lead, but the other musicians were superb. Ross from future heads, and field music amongst others were great.
I just found his vocals weird, dodgy dialect, and proper cumbersome banter in between songs.
Took the lead on fairytale of New York at the end, Christ did he kill it. Last gig of the year for me, damp squib :eek:

So as we look in to 2020, I eagerly await

black midi / riverside
808 state / riverside
Meatraffle / Cluny
Wolfgang flur / Cluny
All points east festival / London

Eric Gales at The Sage in May, flying to Sunderland North from Portugal just for this gig.

If not already mentioned he plays a left handed Strat upside down (if that makes sense) and is arguably one of the best to blues rock guitarists in the world.

Keane in Porto in January.

Oh and errrr hopefully Dua Lipa in Madrid if I can get tickets 😋

Do you mean he plays right handed on a lefty guitar or left handed on a righty guitar à la Hendrix?

Do you mean he plays right handed on a lefty guitar or left handed on a righty guitar à la Hendrix?
Apologies I phrased it incorrectly.

He plays a right handed Strat left handed same as Hendrix but strung upside down with the bottom E facing his knees and the top E facing his nose.

Just bought tickets for Simple Minds in August.
30 years since I last saw them at Roundhay Park at Leeds (Streetfighting years tour).
So I’ve got Stereophonics, Simple Minds and Elton John booked for 2020, can’t wait !!

So as we look in to 2020, I eagerly await

black midi / riverside
808 state / riverside
Meatraffle / Cluny
Wolfgang flur / Cluny
All points east festival / London
Last weekend my missus informed me we are going to see The Eagles at Wembley Stadium on August Bank holiday weekend. £170 a ticket.
I said for that price I want to be sat on Joe Walsh’s knee.
Not a band I want to see at all.

Back