Foraging for food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OOOSH YEAH

Striker
Anyone do this?

Gonna have a look out this weekend for the first time. Been told of a good spot for ramsons, wild garlic and hen of the wood mushrooms.

Have grown my own flowers and herbs over the years but like the idea of finding things for myself and seeing what I can come up with on my finds.

Anyone do this?

Gonna have a look out this weekend for the first time. Been told of a good spot for ramsons, wild garlic and hen of the wood mushrooms.

Have grown my own flowers and herbs over the years but like the idea of finding things for myself and seeing what I can come up with on my finds.

I’ve got loads of wild garlic in my garden...it’s tremendous

Roadkill for the redneck win.

But seriously, late August and early September is great for berries and apples if you know where to look.

I’ve only once seen a wild puffball mushroom and, unfortunately, I stood on it (hence me noticing it).

For those worried about dodgy mushrooms, any mushroom growing from a tree is safe to eat, but still get a book to be sure.

Aye, love a walk through the woods. Just be very careful and don't eat any mushrooms you aren't 100% sure about.

And regarding the above advice about mushrooms growing in wood, it's not true. Things like the funeral bell grow on wood and the name is a good indicator of how damaging it could be!

Aye that’s the plan. Was gonna use the flowers for beef on Saturday night and pickle the buds. Doing this...

Pickled Wild Garlic Buds Recipe - Great British Chefs

Really? Lucky. What do you do with it?
Make my own pizza usually

Aye that’s the plan. Was gonna use the flowers for beef on Saturday night and pickle the buds. Doing this...

Pickled Wild Garlic Buds Recipe - Great British Chefs

Really? Lucky. What do you do with it?

Grows like wildfire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back