Foraging for food.

Anyone do this?

Gonna have a look out this weekend for the first time. Been told of a good spot for ramsons, wild garlic and hen of the wood mushrooms.

Have grown my own flowers and herbs over the years but like the idea of finding things for myself and seeing what I can come up with on my finds.

In the summer, apples and blackberries, raspberries ( if in luck ) to stew and have with ice cream and Sloe berries for gin. Also Nettles for Nettle soup and Dandelion leaves to add to salads. Scared to take a punt on picking mushrooms. Was surprised to read recently of how many mushrooms in the UK can paralyse you within 20 mins or so

Last edited:
In the summer, apples and blackberries, raspberries ( if in luck ) to stew and have with ice cream and Sloe berries for gin. Also Nettles for Nettle soup and Dandelion leaves to add to salads. Scared to take a punt on picking mushrooms. Was surprised to read recently of how many mushrooms in the UK can paralyse you within 20 mins or so
I’ve done it loads mate. Pick them, take them home and look them up. Never been lucky enough to find morels more than once.

Back