Foraging for food.

Tonnes of wild garlic down the riverbanks next to the counts house in Durham. Probably wise to go into a bit and get the stuff furthest away from the path if you don’t wanna eat dog piss.

There's a dead squirrel on the road by panns Bank if you are interested.
Red or grey?

Yeah I’ve read stuff he’s done. A few year ago I bought and planted stuff I’d not find in shops like cicely, lovage, lemon balm etc and just used to go out and make a herb salad on a night. I used to love it. Last year I found lemon balm in the middle of nettles and that’s common apparently. Got loads of Kilner jars and a food dehydrator so will make preserves and stuff. Tommy Banks ‘Roots’ book is really good. Made loads of stuff with Douglas Fir as well it’s class that stuff.
Get taskey up high force mate. Cross the wooden bridge and follow the path that takes you to the top of the falls. The path acts as a foraging trail. Juniper berries being the main one, the tees valley seems to be a very good spot for them. Lots of information about other food sources are supplied on boards, it's very interesting.
Once you've collected your food in your little basket, go to the top of the falls and jump, you boring twat.:);)

Last edited:
Red or grey?

Get taskey up high force mate. Cross the wooden bridge and follow the path that takes you to the top of the falls. The path acts as a foraging trail. Juniper berries being the main one, the tees valley seems to be a very good spot for them. Lots of information about other food sources are supplied on boards, it's very interesting.
Once you've collected your food in your little basket, go to the top of the falls and jump, you boring twat.:);)
Noted. Like it down there so might have a look later in the year

Years ago me nana was showing some of my cousins that you can eat some berries but there are some you shouldn't touch, so you should know what you're eating. Then she ate some. Then she got a canny bad rash and was sick :lol:

Back