For all those posters who are moaning at every signing we are making

Status
Not open for further replies.
People thinking everyone should always be happy with every decision the club make. People who dare not question and strive for better. What an existence.

.. Agree, but I'd save it until the transfer window shuts and tone it down until we have played a few games ..

I'd say if youre skint it's probably not a good idea to get rid of an ok championship keeper for £2m and replace him with a keeper who a league 1 clubs fans couldnt to wait to get rid of for £500k and give him a 4 year contract.
You have to ask yourself why the club have got rid of mannone was is that he was on big wages in the last year of his contract was pretty poor tbh and we had a chance of getting a fee for him or was it that we just did it for a laugh

We need to get promoted at the first attempt, but I don't think we're even trying to. We've raised some decent money from sales so far and reinvested practically none of it. Sorry like, but I'm not sure why it's so outrageous to be annoyed about that. As I said in the Steele thread, we've sold goalkeepers for £32m since the end of the season and spent about 1.5% of it on a replacement.
I don't think promotion has ever been part of our agenda since the sale of the club didn't take place mate its not part of grayson's remit , certainly not either for the seeable future under short.

Seriously what the fuck are you expecting is it coming as some kind of shock or something. What part of Simon Grayson doesn't have a pot to piss in can't you get your tiny little minds around.

Do you know of any top class player that's available for fuck all and who would want to sign for a championship club, no thought not.

Obviously any signing we make isn't going to set the world on fire but it is what it is.

People moaning at grabban only having a 1 in 4 record but if he had a better one he would cost millions man that's why he's here cos he cost fuck all.

Boro have paid 14 million for a striker who hasn't the best goalscoring record but that's what the markets like a bet Grayson would love a budget like that

You had your tablets today mate?

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threa...job-as-this-current-squad-is-full-of.1379228/

.. Agree, but I'd save it until the transfer window shuts and tone it down until we have played a few games ..
Yeah but the same people last season where telling us Short was gonna blow us out that water and that with MVilla we where getting him on a free and it was a done deal. You can only hold onto the optmism for so long. I'd suggest that when the window closes we will be worse off than we are now (in terms of the quality of the squad not the situation at the bank). I'm happy to be proved wrong.

I'd say if youre skint it's probably not a good idea to get rid of an ok championship keeper for £2m and replace him with a keeper who a league 1 clubs fans couldnt to wait to get rid of for £500k and give him a 4 year contract.
If that ok championship player wasn't to you're fancy as a number 1, and his wages were (I'm guessing) a lot more than a back up keeper you wanted to bring in, it might be an ok idea. We'll have to wait and see, but i said i couldn't care less who we sold after pickford and defoe, and they are gone, so a bloody good shake up doesn't worry me one bit.

If you can't find better then don't sell mannone.
If you're skint find a free agent or a loan signing
If you have exhausted all options and still want to sign Jason Steele then don't give him a 4 year contract.
Aren't we looking at this keeper playing tonight and whose to say Steele won't be back up

You have to ask yourself why the club have got rid of mannone was is that he was on big wages in the last year of his contract was pretty poor tbh and we had a chance of getting a fee for him or was it that we just did it for a laugh
Chance of getting a fee. It's clear that were looking to bring money in for our players but we won't reinvest it. It's going towards debt/Ellis however you want to look at it but there's no ambition to make us successful. If there was we wouldn't have downgraded our keeper for the chance of a £1.5m profit.

Seriously what the fuck are you expecting is it coming as some kind of shock or something. What part of Simon Grayson doesn't have a pot to piss in can't you get your tiny little minds around.

Do you know of any top class player that's available for fuck all and who would want to sign for a championship club, no thought not.

Obviously any signing we make isn't going to set the world on fire but it is what it is.

People moaning at grabban only having a 1 in 4 record but if he had a better one he would cost millions man that's why he's here cos he cost fuck all.

Boro have paid 14 million for a striker who hasn't the best goalscoring record but that's what the markets like a bet Grayson would love a budget like that
People are allowed opinions believe it or not.

If that ok championship player wasn't to you're fancy as a number 1, and his wages were (I'm guessing) a lot more than a back up keeper you wanted to bring in, it might be an ok idea. We'll have to wait and see, but i said i couldn't care less who we sold after pickford and defoe, and they are gone, so a bloody good shake up doesn't worry me one bit.
You've got to wait and see how the replacements fair first before you don't worry about it though. If you are right and the shake up leaves us with a more competitive squad who win games and push for promotion at the same time as reducing debt and wages then happy days.

We shall see

We can always go back in time and see who called it right in previous years if you want. I realise it's unpalatable but the way I see it I can't see the point in dressing something up to make it what you want it to be rather than what it actually is. We are signing absolute journeymen here and they're going to struggle this season.

There is another way but Short won't sanction it and loads on here have bought into this philosophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back